Rytec SlyUK & Cross EPG - Recordings shorter than they should be & incomplete

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 755 times. The last Post () by SatelliteJunkie.

• I use Rytec Sly UK and Cross EPG Sly UK OpenTV. I'm using Cool TV Guide to set my recordings on so I don't know if that effects anything or not. I'm also using AutoBouquets. The issue I'm having only seems to happen on the Sly Sports & F1 Channels.

Sometimes when I record a programme such as an F1 Live race, rain delays the start so the programme lasts longer than it should. Normally qualifying lasts up to 2 hours 30 minutes. But because of the rain delay today it was 3 hours 40 minutes. Instead the file was 3 hours 26 minutes which is strange because I setup my recordings to always add 55 minutes onto the end! However in the timers section it said the recording would last for 4 hours. Very strange that it recorded 3 hours 26 minutes instead of 4 hours.

It recorded fine on my official Sly box (start and end of the show were there) and I only add 10 minutes before and after the recording on that!

Another example and this time there was no live programmes so there was no delays - I recorded the F1 1970 Season Review. The timer shows it lasts for 2 hours 20 minutes. However the file is actually 1 hour 27 minutes long. But the progamme started at 1 hour so I only got 27 minutes of the programme instead of the full hour (on my official Sly box I could see the programme lasted for an hour).

The Timer shows: 9:35 AM - 11:55AM (2 hours 20 minutes) but the file recorded was 1 hour 27 minutes long.

Again, the official Sly box recorded the file fine and the timer on that shows 10:35AM - 11:55AM (1 hour 20 minutes)

I've also seen some weird bugs where I see a programme that usually lasts 1 hour but in the EPG it's only 5 minutes long! If I download the EPG again then the programme disappears which is correct as the programme is not listed in the official Sly box EPG as I checked my Sly box.

I set the EPG to automatically download new EPG data every day.

So basically it seems the EPG data is not always correct and the timers do not always record the full length of what the timer says.

How can I fix this? Does anyone else experience those problems?

• I should point out as well that the exact same qualifying session was shown on BBC1 and Sly Sports F1. The BBC1 version recorded fine. The F1 version was missing several minutes off the end.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!