Watching one channle while recording another - is it possible?

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 486 times. The last Post () by Pog22.

• Hello everyone,

I have long ignored this issue but after reading several threads here I would like to clarifiy this for my own understanding.

I have an Amiko Alien 2, connected with one cable (on tuner 1) with a 4 port diseqc switch. There are two single LNB on the switch, one aimed at 19,2 and the other at 28,2. There is also a cable line for my cable provider and a CA card for this provider connected to the Amiko but I do not think that is relevant. I'm using spark, but no CS plugins at the moment, so I'm only watching FTA channels on satelite, no OSCAM or anything else at the moment.

At first when I bought the box I thought I will be able to watch any available sat channel while the receiver would at the same time record another satelite channel, regardles of satelite (19,2 or 28,2) and regardless of transponder. But I can't, I can only watch channels on the same satelite and the same transponder as the one I am recording, and of course all cable channles. After reading several posts here I am not sure anymore how the two sat tuners and the loopthrough setting is supposed to work. Should I be able to watch and record any two satelite channles simultaneously or not? Have I configured something wrong? I tried almost all the combinations in sat install (loop thorugh, separated etc) but it always works the same.

• I would say it's because u have only 1 feed from each LNB and they are pointing at different sats u would need 2 feeds from an LNB to to record 1 channel and watch another

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!