Help with vu+solo2

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,275 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hi everyone I am a complete newbie at this, as I have never had a Linux reciever before, I have just purchased the vu+solo2 and have a motorised system. I have seen the threads about cc cam and oscam but have no idea how you install them on my box, I have a black hole image installed by seller, can anyone help me , needs to be made simple for me to follow,:44_002: sorry to be difficult but as I said before all new to me. thanks in anticipation of any advice Carmine

• ok , you have to dowload tool dcc and plugin bh ipk

conect you vu with dcc

go ftp then open tmp transfert from the rigth to the left the plugin oscam ccam on the left on oscam ccam clic rigth then change attribut to 755

close

with your remote green then yellow boton

install manualy package ipk

then reboot vu

ather reboot blue boton rifth or left when you see oscam ccam press ok

finish
    ni.
    if you need more help let me

• thanks rami really appreciate your quick reply .just one thing Im not sure of, I see the files that you have included but still am not sure how you transfere these files to my vu reciever, do I put them on usb and download to the vu reciever or do I transfer from the computer via wi fi thanks again for your help

• Hi thanks for the help, I have managed to download filezilla and do some file transfers to my reciever but I must have done something wrong as this morning the screen went green and shows the the message sorry your stb encountered a software problem ,and needs to be restated please send the logfile hdd / / to crashlog) tried restarting the reciever but no avail just keeps going between the black hole screen and the green screen and nothing else, can anyone tell me what I have done wrong and how to fix this problem thanks for any help and advice it really is much appreciated Carmine

• Hi thanks for the reply I have downloaded the backup fiile but as the video you advised was very blured couldnt make out the correct procedure for doing the flash, is there anywhere that shows the correct proceedure ,dont want to make any more mistakes, thanks again for your help much appreciated carmine

• Official Post

Hi thanks for the reply I have downloaded the backup fiile but as the video you advised was very blured couldnt make out the correct procedure for doing the flash, is there anywhere that shows the correct proceedure ,dont want to make any more mistakes, thanks again for your help much appreciated carmine

How to flash a Vu+ Solo 2 by USB

• thanks master G flashed the backup image Ok, for the moment all looks ok, I havnt got a hard disk inside yet, it is on order, so Im wondering if I was trying to do too much without one, I will wait till it arrives before trying to download anything else. Be much obliged for any info on what is good to download. Thanks again for your help. Carmine

• Official Post

I havnt got a hard disk inside yet, it is on order, so Im wondering if I was trying to do too much without one

When you add any plugins to the image they will always be installed to flash memory, no matter whether you have a HDD or not.. The HDD is used for saving recordings and that`s about it.. It can be used for picons or EPG data but i use a USB stick for these.. The solo2 has plenty of ram so you can pretty much install whatever you want.. To find out what ram is used/free type free in telnet..

Recommended plugins to try are, IPTV List Updater, MediaPortal, ON Demand, TSMedia, WebradioFS, AutoBouquets.. All mentioned plugins can be downloaded from Linuxsat-Support Addons..

• Hi master G thanks for the advice much appreciated , I downloaded the plug ins that you advised however, the On Demand one seemed to install but I have been unable to find where it is ,sorry to be such a div, can you tell me where to find it, thanks m8 your the best, lots of patience with a newbie like me Carmine

• Im using the blackhole image, thanks for the reply I will look again ,however there were quite a few different versions I used the addons direct there also seemed to be a one that you used the usb for can you tell me which one is the best version for me thanks again for all your help Carmine

• Im using the blackhole image, thanks for the reply I will look again ,however there were quite a few different versions I used the addons direct there also seemed to be a one that you used the usb for can you tell me which one is the best version for me thanks again for all your help Carmine

remember for any changes to the system its always advisable to FULL restart/reboot to take effect.
    remote control go to menu> plugins> you will see it there if it has installed correctly..
    if not ,then simply repeat the action of downloading again..

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!