Virus in linux dreambox

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 2,689 times. The last Post () by master G.

• This is a small reminder to those, especially new users to linuxboxes .
    Although what is publically posted all over the net from some years ago. (2007) It has come to light that it is occuring again....
    This is what was originally posted back then :
    [I]SPYWHARE ONBOARD? VIRUS IN LINUX DREAMBOX ?? CHECK YOUR BOX

something is hacking the dreambox when you have port 21 open
    maybe because of 1 cw that leads to 100 others and that leads to 100.000 others and so on ( it is autoexecutable + self propogating)

when they have hacked you then they upload a tarfile 4347_tool2.tar in /var and unpack it in /var/tool2 and then run a script start.sh in /var/tool2 which uses a binary called tvconnector.
    But it isn't always called 4347_tool2.tar. another was named 5059_tool2.tar.

Check Your processes under system info, and You'll find several instances of "TVconnector". Kill'em.

it should not be in your dreambox
    my advice is to you all check your dreambox and if you see one of thes files/directories in your box

FLASH IT
    dont take any risk maybe your box is sending data about your peers ,¿¿¿maybe your box is sending data to collect as evidence against you ??? .

This is not to alarm you simply make you aware !!!

As I mentioned at the start ,this has come to light again as it was recently used to " hide" a server within another server and sent the box crazy even passing on old+ fake cards from other servers but the line wasnt visible in DCC but through CCcam info on the TV screen!!!
    So ¿ how do you check if your box has this "migrant" ???? go to VAR/tool2 and system info and check for "TVCONNECTOR" then eliminate it then reflash the box..
    Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• Official Post

Here is another one, i came across this post by gorski at satforum.me.
    Please make sure your recievers are secure.

Dreambox virus / bot discovered!

Got something crass experienced today ... did not know that there is something

My buddy had problems for days with his dreambox. crashed every day and
    then any files were in the / lib / folder and replaced enigma no longer
    started. Always had to re-flash and the next day went again nothing.

Did he then helped times today and found out that his box permanently
    accessible on the internet was because he made port release for telnet
    and ftp, so he comes home from work and so on the box. Unfortunately,
    standard username / password with root / dreambox.

Up his box was over again. Could then enable FTP and Telnet to log his box to see
    which one has logged in to the box from poland, some files have copied
    to the box and irgendnen made mischief.

Funny enough, the IP itself in the browser and ftp could achieve with standard root / dreambox login, ENIGMA1 was a box ...

On this strange box was a process named "m5" which has scanned probably
    permanently any internet ip ranges and has tried there with root /
    dreambox log and when login is successful, the bot was installed there
    and exchanged a few libs that offered the . start This box has to infect
    then probably tried every day my buddy and offered to install.

As there are for LIBS enigma1 but crashed out of the box because my buddy always are compiled for PowerPC and MIPSEL nich ...

Can in the compiled "m5" binary nich see much, but it's NEN BOT repays the IP's scanned and then tried to spread it.

But there are a couple of text strings to recognize the clear on it
    indicate that it is a bot, commands such as DDOS, IP scans etc etc.

The process ran on the box from poland dozens times and had dozens activate
    Internet connections .... was so busy this strange box on the internet
    looking for where you could log in as root / dreambox. And if that
    succeeded a few files have been replaced ... bad for enigma2 boxes it
    this is powerpc libs UDN did nothing more then go.

Got my bot binaries times loaded and zipped, vlt can since a something with but beware!

I find crass ... nich even knew that there is virus dreambox. Added to a
    box on the internet have no password or with standard root / dreambox
    login is not just smart, but that bots are looking for such a dream box
    and infect I find pretty wicked!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!