Bug: Eurosport & Challenge Channels all show same programme name for whole day

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 827 times. The last Post () by thatfellow.

• Today on 31st March, Eurosport 1 & 2 and Challenge are all showing the same programme name of "Heroes. A selection of Heroes". The exact same programme name is on every hour on those channels. It's like that for the next 7 days as well.

Don't know if this is a bug but when I try to download the Rytec-Sly UK data again, it downloads immediately when it usually takes several seconds.

• Don't know if this is a bug but when I try to download the Rytec-Sly UK data again, it downloads immediately when it usually takes several seconds.

This is usually a sign that their server is down and that no actual epg data is being downloaded... have you tried using opentv for your sly uk epg instead of rytec?

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• See here: https://docs.google.com/docume…PZxZNQUydQQq-kxomZRc/edit

I’ve set both CrossEPG and Rytec Sly UK to download at around 6:30 AM every day. That doc shows how I set them up. Was any of that wrong? I've been using it for months without problems.

I restarted my box and the Rytec Sly UK seems to download fine but it still doesn't fix the problem.

What shows on your box on Eurosport 1 & 2 and Challenge?

Any idea how I can fix this?

• Why the two providers to populate the same epg???

Everything is fine on my own setup, Eurosport 1&2 showing different programs along with challenge tv....

Try disabling either opentv or rytec and see what happens....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Under "Cross EPG - Open TV Providers" do I just untick Sly UK OpenTV?

In EPG Panel I unticked "Enable OpenTV EPG Loader" - does that disable Rytec Sly UK?

Assuming the above was correct, I tried disabling Rytec Sly UK and keeping CrossEPG and it made no difference.

I tried disabling CrossEPG and keeping Rytec Sly UK and now several channels have no EPG at all - they just have a grey background.

• Several channels are all showing the same programme name of "Heroes. A selection of Heroes"/ The exact same programme name is on every hour on those channels. It's like that for the next 7 days as well. THIS is how I configured Rytec Sly UK & CrossEPG. Was any of that wrong? I've been using it for months without problems. Should I only be using 1 of those EPGs? If so, which should I use?

When I got my box I configured it the way I wanted then I made a backup. I've restored the backup but it made no difference.

To disable them I did this:

Under "Cross EPG - Open TV Providers" do I just untick Sly UK OpenTV?

In EPG Panel I unticked "Enable OpenTV EPG Loader" - does that disable Rytec Sly UK?

Assuming the above was correct, I tried disabling Rytec Sly UK and keeping CrossEPG and it made no difference.

I tried disabling CrossEPG and keeping Rytec Sly UK and now several channels have no EPG at all - they just have a grey background. I have Blackhole 2.0.9

I'm getting a bit desperate now, can anyone help me please.

• Clear the EPG from terminal:

This assumes that your EPG is stored @ /media/hdd/
    to check, just brows here in settings (Menu / Setup / System / EPG / Settings / EPG Location)

Code
    init 4
    rm [COLOR='#FF0000']/media/hdd/[/COLOR]epg.dat
    rm -r [COLOR='#FF0000']/media/hdd/[/COLOR]crossepg
    init 3

Now, Disable Rytec for SlyUK and enable OpenTV..

Menu / Setup / System / EPG / Settings / EPG / CrossEPG / XEPGDB Providers / UN-Tick All
    Menu / Setup / System / EPG / Settings / EPG / CrossEPG / OpenTV Providers / Tick Sly UK OpenTV 28.2

Restart Box

Then download EPG
    Menu / Setup / System / EPG / Settings / EPG / CrossEPG / Download Now

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Edited once, last by thatfellow ().

• Thanks. I'll make a note of that in case it happens again in the future. Before you posted I actually re-installed Blackhole 2.0.9 from scratch with the exact same settings as before except this time I only setup CrossEPG and I downloaded it from the LinuxSatSupport addon and it seems to be working now.

• Glad your sorted m8,
    The above guide was done from ViX so you will have to work out the menu yourself from Blackhole but terminal commands are the same..

TF

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!