CrossEPG missing EPG data for some channels

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,920 times. The last Post () by SatelliteJunkie.

• My previous thread was closed so I'm posting it here. I noticed today that Eurosport had no EPG data for a few hours so I manually downloaded a CrossEPG EPG update again. Now Eurosport has EPG data however now Sly Sports 2 has no EPG data for tomorrow at 1:15PM - 6:45PM!

Why isn't this working, I did a new installation of Blackhole 2.0.9 from scratch. This time I only installed CrossEPG (latest version) and I downloaded it from the LinuxSatSupport addon. It was suggested that I clear the EPG from terminal. I don't know where terminal is on Blackhole or how to use it. I don't see why clearing it would make it work anyway as this is a fresh installation.

This is how I configured CrossEPG:

Menu > Setup > CrossEPG > Configuration.

Storage Device: Select "Hard Drive"
    Enable CSV Import: Yes
    Force EPG Reload on boot: Yes
    Scheduled Download: Once a day
    Scheduled Download at: 6.35AM
    Show as Plugin: Yes
    Show as Extension: Yes
    Show "Force reload" as plugin: No

In "Open TV Providers". Press OK on "Sly UK OpenTV (Astra2 on 28.2)" and it should now be ticked. Press Yellow to download. Then Press save.

Can anyone suggest an EPG that actually works please or do you know how I can fix it?

• I have problems with epg for the lady couple of weeks. Manages to crash the box when downloading. .. eventually works after many tries. .. But last couple of weeks have been problematic

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Ok couple of things, your other thread was closed as you had posted that the problem was solved.... this was after I had merged it with another thread that you had made regards the epg problem.

Crossepg is already installed in the BH image so there is no need to install it again, it's under setup/cross epg

This could be why your having problems....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• OK so I restored my Blackhole 2.0.9 backup I made before I setup ANY EPG. I then setup the CrossEPG that's already apart of the Blackhole 2.0.9 image. Yesterday there was no problems - nothing missing in the EPG.

Today there was an hour of missing EPG data for a Sly Sports channel between 8-9PM so I held the blue button and selected "CrossEPG Downloader" as doing a manual download usually fixes it. It said "CrossEPG error. Cannot get the NIM".

I read a forum post that said "Any recordings going on need free tuner to download". Surely that can't be true as I thought it downloads the EPG from the Internet not from a tuner? I didn't have any free tuners available at the time as they were all recording channels.

Anyway, after I saw the "CrossEPG error. Cannot get the NIM" message I pressed the red button to view the Cool TV Guide and the box gave a green error screen and said it needed to restart. When it's restarting, no recordings can take place so I lost about a minute of my recordings.

But to keep to the subject of this thread - CrossEPG is still sometimes missing EPG data for a channel such as an hour of EPG missing for a Sly Sports Channel. I don't understand why I'm getting missing EPG data when I've configured CrossEPG correctly and nobody else seems to be getting these problems.

• I thought CrossEPG might be missing EPG data because I haven't been restarting my box every day. I restarted my box yesterday and no EPG data was missing. Did the same today and EPG data is missing again, this time on Sly Sports 4 between 8:30PM - 11PM.

I only have CrossEPG configured, I have NOT configured Rytec Sly UK. Please guys there must be something I'm doing wrong here as nobody else seems to have missing EPG data on Blackhole.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!