Vu Duo issue in Avalon

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 451 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hi there,
    I am running black hole image 2.0.5 image and have the tsmedia as well as 6 other plugins installed. I noticed that after updating the tsmedia to latest version that the flash was at 100%.
    I read up on this site that I could effectively expand my flash by utilising Avalon which I did (I followed the instructions and all worked fine)
    I now have 10% flash used when I check each time.
    I have a USB connected at the rear of the box partitioned for two one for EPG and picons and the other for flash expansion.
    I noticed on a few occasions that when I reboot the box that sometimes it gets stuck on starting...other times it boots up ok.
    I have also noticed that when I watch a movie on 1channel for example,that the box attempts to reset after a few mins of watching the movie....no intervention occurs before this,ie no remote control press etc.
    The linuxsat screen comes up and the sound continues to run on the movie.
    I have to reboot the box to recover.
    BTW .....the vu duo box is genuine as was purchased at world of sat 2 years ago.
    Has anyone out there experienced the same issues?....if so,how did you resolve this.

Thanks for any help.

• Have never come across any of this when living in avalon in UNO...
    perhaps try a more recent version like 2.0.9.1 ???

Hi cazuela, I decided to try a different USB to see if it is USB related,maybe then I will update the image thanks.

After using a different USB I noticed that it would not allow me to create a swap file...everything else was setup no problem.
    I will fully check the tsmedia plugin later to see if the reboot issue has been sorted.

Thanks for your help

• Are you mapping the swapfile correctly ?
    installing swapfile and flashexpander is usually first.
    But living in avalon on a usb stick you shouldn´t need either as you already know the flash is the size of how much you alllocate on stick..

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!