Important info about the future of your Dyn account

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,209 times. The last Post () by digi247.

• To our Dyn free hostname users:

For the last 15 years, all of us at Dyn have taken pride in offering you and millions of others a free version of our Dynamic DNS Pro product. What was originally a product built for a small group of users has blossomed into an exciting technology used around the world.

That is why with mixed emotions we are notifying you that in 30 days, we will be ending our free hostname program. This change in the business will allow us to invest in our customer support teams, Internet infrastructure, and platform security so that we can continue to strive to deliver an exceptional customer experience for our paying customers.

We would like to invite you to upgrade to VIP status for less than $20 -- a 25% discount good for any package of Remote Access (formerly DynDNS Pro). By doing so, you'll have access to customer support, additional hostnames, and more.

Here's how you get this done in two easy steps:
    - Login to account.dyn.com.
    - Click here to add Remote Access to your cart at the 25% off VIP rate. The discount will be applied upon checkout.

We thank you for your usage of Dyn through the years, and hope to continue to support you through Dyn Remote Access or other products for years to come. Visit our FAQ page or this blog post for more information.

• Free User Discontinuation FAQs
    Need Some Information? Check Out These FAQs:

from dyn.com

Vu+ Zero & MxQpro 4K

because its still cheap and if you forget to login
    for a while you have to reset and all that bulls...t
    (never happened to me) liar liar LOL

Exactly, $20 for peace of mind is a small price..
    Of all the money I have burnt with this hobby / "full time hob", the sub for dyndns was one of the best bargains...

& no, I don't work for them, I just appreciate good value when I get it..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• DT-DNS is also another one worth looking at. Their 12 month package comes in at around £5 a year.

If you use BT as a provider you can update your dns through the home hub so theres no need to worry iabout if its updated or not.

I use it just for a back up just incase no-ip goes tits up again.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!