Thinking about Vu+ Duo

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 759 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• I'm looking for a new better STB, currently i own

• Eagle STB + 1 Meter Dish and Darkmotor.
    • Humax + Freview dish

My desired features in order of importance are

• Full HD / 1080p
    • Dual tuners
    • PVR with large (or easily upgradable) HD
    • Connects to my surround sound system
    • Smart TV features, e.g. IPlayer etc.
    • Easy flash images
    • Connection to and streaming from my NAS

The box that catches my eye that seems fullfils these at a reasonable cost is the Vu+Duo

Questions
    Are there any other features that I should really be thinking about?
    I presume that with a dual tuner STB I can connect both dishes, my freeview dish to one and my motorised 1m to the other?
    Assuming Vu+Duo2 is the best choice where should I buy in the UK

• Ok, the duo is quite an old spec now. But it will do all that you require....

With dual tuner you can connect both dishes no probs. Duo2 is a really good choice buddy, but if I were you I would have a look at the solo2. Top spec box and very quick.... and price wise it's in between the duo & duo2. One thing to consider though with the solo2 is that it can only accommodate a 2.5" HDD were as the duo & duo2 can take a 2.5 or 3.5 HDD.

Buy from the forum sponsor bud, first class service! http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Good choice buddy, you have a great piece of kit there, Enjoy!

Now that you have your receiver have a good read through all the various sections for any support questions you may have, and if you get stuck make a post in the relevant section.

I will close this thread now that you have made your purchase.....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!