need help with new solo2

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,033 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• Hi I got my solo2 today (from wos), I'm a complete Linux newbie. I've got fta but nothing else opens, is there a idiot guide on what to install and how? It came with the latest vix installed.
    Thanks for any help

• first will need a DCC and a dreambox edit panels on your computer these are what i use others use other panels, so you you can control your vu box, next i take it from you post you have a c-line you want to add to get the channels open, if you have this is how to do it
    HOW TO ADD C-LINES ON A VU OR DREAMBOX
    ---------------------------
    first you need to load a DCC panel on your computer and open and run the application, when open the DCC panel it must be set to show a connection on the panel between the computer- sat receiver-router to get this your put a dot
    in the router in the connection box at the top left of the dcc loader panel,when you have this connection you will see on the panel all the equipment joined by a green line to all three items. the panel will now work with your vu sat box,
    after you send the shortcut icon to the desktop to open this panel,you can now close it down,until it's needed
    -------------------------------------------------------
    next you need the notepad that has you c-line or line on your desktop.where you open the notepad and highlight the c-line or lines by scrolling the mouse pointer over the line/lines

c-lines look like this made up example---------------

[c:nutter.no-ip.com 57000 rupert ax1256gh]

then when highlighted you right click the mouse and from the small panel that opens left click copy, now you can close the note pad and open the DCC again, when it all connects again you left click FTP from the list on the left then the panel changes then in the left panel scroll down until you find a folder named ETC you then double left click this folder to open it,once open
    you scroll down the files until you find a file named CCcam cfg on this file you right click the mouse and from the panel choose EDIT this will open this file next you scroll down to the bottom of the file and leave a couple of lines blank under the script on this file now you left click the mouse on the chosen line where you will see a vertical line appear.then if you look at the top of this cfg file you will see on the left hand side a row of 6 small boxes one with scissors
    counting from the left hand box on this row you left click on the fourth box a long [paste] now you will see the c-line or lines you have added appear in the CCcam cnf file, next you must left click the left hand box on this row this is the SAVE and exit button, once this has been done a small panel opens asking are you sure as a change has been made click [YES] and then close the DCC panel down now the channels will open. JOB DONE

this is a warning please be very carefull

NEVER CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE ON THE VU FILES SYSTEM UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING OR THE BOX WILL GREEN SCREEN AND CRASH, IN CERTAIN CASES THIS CAN DAMAGE THE BOX, AND IN MOST CASES IT WILL MEAN THE RECEIVER NEEDS TO BE RE-IMAGED AND THIS CAN BE A VERY LONG PROCESS IF YOU DONT HAVE ALL YOUR FILES LIKE/ CHN LIST/CAM PACKS/ CFG FILES/SKINS/LIB FILES ETC:
    stored on your computer to make re imaging etc: a quicker and easier process

Edited once, last by rumpole ().

• thanks for your reply, no I don't have a c-line, is that the only way to open channels? I was under the impression that some channels opened without c-lines. Where do I get dcc from? I have downloaded dreambox edit. Mine doesn't seem to have enigma2 on it, do I have to load it on?
    Sorry for being a bit dim.

• If your box came with the latest ViX on it buddy then you are running the enigma2 system....

To install a softcam you can do this from within the vix image now, press the menu button on your remote, then select plugins. in here press the green button, a list will appear and on it you will see softcams. Select one off the CCcam ones if your just going to install a cline, this will get you up and running...

Looks like you have a lot of reading to do, and this is the perfect place to learn. On the forum homepage you will see a searchbox powered by google. This is your best friend here, any terms like dream edit etc that you search for will bring up tutorials and the addons etc associated with it.

Give it a go!

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Press the menu button on your remote and select "information" & then select "about". Tell us what version of vix you are running. Version & build are the details we need...

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!