Cant install IPK packages Black Hole VU+ Duo

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,717 times. The last Post () by Yazz.

• I presume you mean Black Hole Vu+ Duo v.2.0.9.X image..
    Once you have FTP the IPK over to var/volatile/tmp then
    go into TELNET and write or copy and paste this command:

Code
    opkg update

then

Code
    opkg install /tmp/*.ipk

then FULL REBOOT
    After this press BLUE then arrow to find the cam > OK then come out
    Once it is set up you can then add your own personal configs ,etc

• I presume you mean Black Hole Vu+ Duo v.2.0.9.X image..
    Once you have FTP the IPK over to var/volatile/tmp then go into TELNET and...

A small question please, mate: I cannot find the volatile/tmp in the "var" folder. But I have the "tmp"above it on its own. Is my DCC E2 ver 1.5 missing files?

In Almighty God I trust, everyone else has to provide evidence

• Of course , if you are still on a very old image , i.e. BH 179 it is more than likely in var/tmp
    But you really should use an up to date image ( current is bh 2.1.1 ) otherwise not all new plugins/addons are compatible with older drivers etc...

• Thank you, folks. I've upgraded to BlackHole-2.1.0.1. Is this recent enough or there's a latest one still ?

I've now found the var/volatile/tmp folder.

Thanks a lot for your help.

• One small question if I may please:

I lost my cccam.cfg when I upgraded. Is it safe to install Oscam 8171 & CCcam 2.1.3?

Many thanks

• Official Post

One small question if I may please:

I lost my cccam.cfg when I upgraded. Is it safe to install Oscam 8171 & CCcam 2.1.3?

Many thanks

Majority of those softcam .ipks have a CCcam.cfg included, which will overwrite the existing CCcam.cfg file. Make sure you backup your configs before installing any new softcam..

• Sorry to bother you again, my friends. I seem to have some sort of problem:

Every time I install an ipk, manually or via DCC, the receiver just freezes and I have to re-install the image all over again. It gets stuck at "starting Gui" with the little circle flashing at top left corner of the tv screen. It flashes on and off for ever and I have to turn the receiver off from the back.
    I tried 2.0.9, 2.1.0.1 but both keep crashing on me.
    I installed and re-installed 4 times. I just can't install any plug-in, ipk or add-on as it crashes every time.

I have Vu+ Duo and using 2.1.0.1

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!