VU Duo just died on me before Easter, now will have to communicate with wife.. help!

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,437 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Okay guys

My wife is pissed, she has no polish TV for the Easter break as the vu Duo I bought from the forum supplier has just failed. Burning smell inside, and just stays with red light on.

So, since the time i bought the VU Duo 18 or so months ago, there seems to be alot of choice, but would appreciate members with the knowledge to guide me in the right way.

I need a reliable box, dual tuner for astra 28 and hotbird 13 only, freeview tuner not a requirements but would be nice, iptv not really bothered (unless that really has improved over the last year) decent epg and one with great support.

this AMIKO ALIEN2+ TRIPLE looks interesting on paper.

Happy to spend up to £280, but if something fruity can be had for less that covers my requirement, happy days!

Any ideas would be most appreciated?

Edited once, last by THXuk ().

• Thanks mckee, Im just a little nervous that the vuduo broke in what I would consider a short time period.

Any other suggestions, whilst I research the solo2?

• I work for a consumer electronics brand, so will certainly take it in next week for the service techs to take a look, however to keep my good lady happy, I thought I may see if I could pick something up on Saturday. Plus I thought it may be a good excuse to update it, if things have improved since I got the VU early in 2012.

I'll take the lid off and see if there is any sign what has gone.

• seems thumbs up are still for vu, interesting..... ive taken the lid off, smell is coming from the psu area, any idea where i can get spare parts?

• If its just a temporary cheap replacement box, just get a converted nBox of eBay, Its polish so it should keep the wife happy :trbtjrjq:

You can get them for under £70.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!