Installer Required in the Shropshire / Midlands area

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 838 times. The last Post () by Prophet.

• Hi guys,

After a bit of help from an installer if there is anyone local to me on here?

My current set up consists of a zone 1 fixed dish pointing at 28.2e

I have purchased a zone 2 dish along with a couple of Inverto Black Ultra lnbs, a 4-way diseqc switch and a multi-lnb bracket.

I have a Vu Duo stb which is currently working flawlessly set up to work with the 28.2e satellite.

I have had someone come round and they've mounted the new zone 2 dish on the side of my house alongside (or slightly above as it goes) the existing zone 1 dish. They have attempted to set it up to receive 13e and 19.2e. According to their satellite meter they were getting a decent signal and snr from both satellites, but when we plugged the lnbs into the Vu Duo and configured the tuner correctly we have been unable to pick ANYTHING up from either satellite.
    I think I need someone to come round and double check that the dish is aligned correctly, and possibly double check my configuration settings on the Duo.

My goal is to have the following:

• Have one direct feed from the fixed zone 1 dish to one tuner on my Vu Duo
    • Second feed from fixed zone 1 dish to one of the diseqc inputs
    • Align fixed zone 2 dish to pick up 13e and 19.2e and have one feed from both lnbs going in to diseqc inputs
    • Have diseqc switch plugged in to remaining tuner on my Duo and configured correctly (I'm currently running OpenViX Zeus, but I'm open to running any other preferred image)

Unfortunately I have Cerebral Palsy which causes me a great deal of mobility problems so I am in no way able to climb a ladder and start trying to sort this out myself :(

So I think my best option is to call on the expertise of you wonderful people on here in the hope that someone may be able to help me out :)
    If anyone is willing to take a look at this for me could you please get in contact with me and give me an idea of what it's going to cost. Everything is already up on the wall, I believe it just needs properly aligning etc.

I live in Hodnet, near Market Drayton in Shropshire.

Right I hope I've covered everything here that I need to. If anyone needs anymore information from me, let me know :)

Cheers,
    Jim

• Hi Jim, unfortunately i live quite a distance from you otherwise i would have sorted this out for you.

Question regarding the multi lnb bar you have bought for your zone 2 dish? sly issue zone 2 dishes will not like lnb bars and i am unsure if there is anything available like that to be ohnest...something i will have to check out the next time i am at my suppliers but i think its highly unlikely.

Was it an engineer that installed what you currently have as it sounds like they were struggling because this bar you have wont fit correctly...did the engineer or person that installed the dish mention anything about that? 13 and 19 are strong satellites so unless there is poor line of sight it must be this multi lnb holder you speak of thats the issue.

1 of your inverto lnbs should be set at 13 east as the main satellite with another offset to the left for 19 east as although as said both are strong satellites 13 east is the weaker of the two..also again you wont be able to fit a standard lnb on a zone 2 dish unless its a really old model and then a slight modification is required.

If you bought the equipment is it possible you can show us a photo of the equipment or a photo of the dish on the wall/and or show us the url for this lnb bar.

Can you also please print here how both of your tuners have been configured.

Good Luck!

MK

• Official Post

Is there anyone out there that can 'Please' help Jim with this install ? None of the big installers will take the job as it's "too small" for them or instead set the price where he cant afford it :(

He also has a motor now which could be used

Anyone able to help him please, would be much appreciated

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!