Need help with my own S*y Card [white]

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,352 times. The last Post () by gav99.

• Please forgive the intrusion onto the thread, but I am in a similar situation. I have my own S*y Card [white] which has been activated in a real S*y box. I should like to use it in my Vu+ Solo2 box and have been scouring many forums to find out the simplest way to do this. All I want to do is to share in my own home, specifically in an upstairs bedroom that will have a cheap [F5] box on my network. At 70 years old, I sometimes struggle, but know where to put Cccam and its config file, but I have been looking around for weeks trying to see what I need to do. Any help would be gratefully received. It's a good job I have so little hair on my head, because the head banging on the wall would have dire consequences for a fully hair headed person. I am also quite willing to buy an external card reader if this is needed, but I am using both USB Ports - WiFi dongle and Pen Drive for EPG and Swap File. Please help if you can. Regards.

• Pretty sure this card won't work in the solo unless you pair it to and older box that can't use the new firmware that sly are now using.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• If it's paired he will have no HD channels and no SD movies or sports. All else should open and that will show if the configs are correct. Then just re - pair it with a Thomson if you can get one

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Thanks to all who responded. I have been trying to get it running this morning, so far no luck. As the extended family are due imminently, I will have to quit for today and will go again [hopefully] tomorrow. I do have an old, SD only, box so, should I get this to run, I will attempt to pair it in that box. I can, temporarily, live without HD, but it would be useful if I can get anything out of the original card outside of the original box. Thanks again. Regards.

• Your old SD box will be fine for pairing the card to, but as you say you will not have any HD channels by using this method. But at least it will allow you to get your card up and running in the solo2. Good luck!

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Good Morning All,

Well, I have continued to try - and fail - to get this running. This morning, I "updated" the box and ended up with a permanent spinning VIX reboot scenario, should have read forums before doing it today :( This, however means that I "bit the bullet" and did a fresh Helios 001 install and did not use any of my backups to reload other "stuff", so I effectively have a "new" box to start with. I will try to get this running in very small steps if I can. Is it the case that a CCcam config - no Oscam - with just 2 lines like this:

BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 AA AB AC AD
    SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 3570000

will work with the card in the upper slot? I have generated the correct Boxkey from the S/N of the S*y box and, of course, will replace those shown above.

Sorry to be so poor at this stuff, but it seems that the more I discover, the more I need to learn and it's not easy at 70 :)

Thanks and regards.

• Well, I don't know what on earth I have done now. Both install ipk from USB and load ipk's into tmp then look to "install local" seem broken :( I have loaded Helios.004 from a USB stick, no problem there, but putting 2 ipk files on the same stick after formatting it don't get seen to be offered on a switch off/on. Perhaps I need to learn not to mess with something that worked - well FTA channels anyway. Regards.

• You need to get your card paid to the alternative boxes first before you are going to have any joy m8. Get that done and everything will work. ...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Well, I don't know what on earth I have done now. Both install ipk from USB and load ipk's into tmp then look to "install local" seem broken :( I have loaded Helios.004 from a USB stick, no problem there, but putting 2 ipk files on the same stick after formatting it don't get seen to be offered on a switch off/on. Perhaps I need to learn not to mess with something that worked - well FTA channels anyway. Regards.

Use wincsp or filezilla(google both) once installed on your pc open the software and connect to your box//then transfer your ipk files to the tmp folder mate ///then in vix with your remote press the blue button and scroll down to vix /press ok //select first ipk file and hit green or ok and it should install fine...i also would strongly advise against using cccam as a server to read your 0963 card but if you are just trying to get used to things then cccam is a good starting place//with oscam you dont need to enter the boxid.

alom Milamber should still be able to get some joy with the entertainment pack even if his card is currently hardware paired to his official amstrad receiver.

MK

Ps if its cccam/mgcamd or oscam you are trying to install then there is no need for any of the above//all cams are available in the vix addon feeds...menu/plugins/green button to download/navigate to softcams and install what you want.

Edited 2 times, last by Mee®kat ().

• Thanks to all - again - I have just d/l Helios version 006 - I will start afresh again and see what's what this morning. I did transfer into tmp folder, but when using vix/blue button, no files were shown. I put them on the same reformatted usb stick that I used for flashing and, whilst having the box on and tuned to bbc1, no popup to show install offer. Thanks for the green button tip MK, if it all turns out badly this morning, I will quit for a while and maybe even try an alternative image downstream. I have used nothing but Vix since I bought the box from the forum sponsor back in December 2013. Regards all. M.

• Good Morning, again, just to report that after flashing Helios006 and carefully following all the steps - again - Ta Da IT WORKS on CCcam. All SD channels are clearing. It may not sound much to you really experienced guys, but for a 70 year old linux noob, I feel really - and I mean REALLY - pleased with myself. I will investigate using Oscam another day I think, I don't want to spoil it. The original query of how to get S*y upstairs demands Oscam, so I will attempt this again sometime soon. Very many thanks to all of you for your patience. My very best regards. M.

• Well done we all started somewhere the thing is now its gonna start nagging at u to go further but there are plenty of good people on here to help u on you way.

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!