Help - Upgrading to Helios

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 753 times. The last Post () by Pobreton.

• Hi Team,

I've got a UNO with Openvix build 808, more problems are occurring and I've been reading the latest threads, so I've decided to move up to Helios. I really would appreciate some advice:

1. If I can't restore my settings from 808, mgcamd, cccam etc., do I copy them first from DCC and then copy them back to the new image/config files?

2. Before I follow the Image Flashing Tutorials, are there any other procedures I need to follow to ensure a trouble free upgrade?

I know that for many of you guys, this is simple and basic maintenance but some of us need leading by the hand.

All the best.

• Hello buddy,

1. Yes, make sure you backup all your cam configs before you do anything else. Unfortunately going from ViX 3.0 to Helios a settings backup is not compatible from the image. If you had been going from Zues to Helios you could have used a settings backup.

2. Just make sure before you flash the new image to your box that any usb sticks you may have plugged in at the rear of the box are removed....

Good Luck!

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• The flashing tutorial is still accurate weather flashing ViX 3.0, Zeus or Helios but as already pointed out you can not use a settings backup made in ViX 3.0 with ViX Helios, it's just not compatible.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• The flashing tutorial is still accurate weather flashing ViX 3.0, Zeus or Helios but as already pointed out you can not use a settings backup made in ViX 3.0 with ViX Helios, it's just not compatible.

when i get time i will update all my flashing tutorials to include the point of not using ViX 3.0 backups in Zeus or Helios, also need to update the ABM tutorial to include Cable and Terrestrial scanning.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• im having probs with skins
    i can not get any skins to work on it (download from plugin menu) install themn then restart box go to skin setup but no skins are there apart from the default one

• Thanks for the quick reply and useful info, I'll give it a go...... You advised backing up the cam configs, where to? the UNO HDD or computer HDD? .....I may wait to watch "Game of Thrones" first before I start!

VU+ UNO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!