DM500hd impossible to be flashed

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,784 times. The last Post () by ferdi.

• Hi Guys,

First of all thanks for the Forum and for the help you provide people with.

I have serious problems with re-flashing my dm500hd with a Gemini image.
    Info:

Windows 7
    Genuine Device (genuine test passed)
    Booloader version: Dreambox Second Stage Loader BUILD #78 built 20100428
    Enigma version: 2010-05-12-experimental
    Image version: Newnigma2-Release-2010-05-16
    webinterface version: 1.6.2 I think I have no Cccam

the SSL that I tried to upload is: secondstage-dm500hd-84.nfi
    The Germini image I wish to flash my DM with is: gemini2-500-dm500hd-20100429213237.nfi

What I tried:
    Flash update via bootloader, kept press power button then switched on device I was able to see the bootloader interface and to choose the image to be uploaded but when I press "flash" simply doesn't happen anything.I tried first with the SSL only and then with the entire image Gemini 5.0 with the same result :Flash button seems to do nothing.

Tried DREAMUP 1.3.3.6 both with mini usb only and usb+lan cable,first I installed the com/usb driver for windows 7 then I connected the device and when prompted by the software I switched DM500HD on, the result is that the process hangs up on the message " calculating checksum" and it doesn't go further.

Tried FLASHWIZARD PRO 6.3 with which I mange to install flashwizard menu but the all process failed with in the message " This is not yet supported on DM7020" () either with SSL or the entire image.

Tried FlashEmun but basically it does the same of the bootloader itself ending up with the Flash button which doesn't do anything at all no matter how many times I press it.

Tried DCC v2.95 with connection crossover first which I couldn't activate, then with via router that apparently worked great :

Telnet Connected
    FTP Connected
    Enigma2 detected

But then I couldn't get anything out of it.. despite I can FTP my device I can't yet not even backup it since the backup button stays off no matter what options I selected.
    Regarding the image I couldn't try the upload whit this tool as it askes for .img files while I only could find .nfi

What else I'm really on the point of giving it up!
    PLEASE HELP!

thanks

• Have you tried another original image to eliminate a possible corrupt image ??
    gemini2-510-dm500hd-20100721132509.nfi is as close as I can find for original box.
    If it´s good for you let us know ..
    EDIT : apparently you need to download the GP3 plugin to be able to get latest genuine images, etc online only...

• Have you tried another original image to eliminate a possible corrupt image ??
    gemini2-510-dm500hd-20100721132509.nfi is as close as I can find for original box.
    If it´s good for you let us know ..
    EDIT : apparently you need to download the GP3 plugin to be able to get latest genuine images, etc online only...

Thanks a lot for the answer I must say that the Dm500hd works great only I woudl like to reflash it with Gemini, but even if working properly the original image coudl be corrupted as well right?

However How can I install GP3 plug in? I don't have a cam and I don't have a the blue pannel...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!