Help - Dreambox 800 hd se powers off

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 921 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Complete novice so any help would be appreciated. My sunray dreambox 800 hd se has developed a faulty where it just shuts down! The box doesn't feel hot and the fan is still working ! If I pull the power cable out and plug it in a few times it comes bock on or subsequently switch the power switch on and off this can get the power back . It will run for a while but the it powers down again? I've been search for an answer but no joy. Wondered if anybody could help? Could it be something simple like a new power supply required?

Thanks in advance

• Sounds like a faulty PSU. You can get a new one off ebay for about £5.

Nano

• On those boxes you are best to use a power supply from an old pc monitor if you can find one, especially if you have a hdd connected to the box///12V 4.0a or 5.0a is fine as the box will only take what it needs from the psu and the box will run much smoother.

MK

• What i would recommend doing is as follows.

Open the box up, check all connectors to HDD are secure (try disconnecting HDD also just to rule that out as the culprit), if any of the cables are loose that could cause the box to reboot. remove the front panel to access the sim card and check that it is fitted correctly. Finally check the tuner module is pushed home fully into the slot. If you could find a tuner to borrow that would also be helpful in finding the issue and would rule out a tuner issue.

If all is OK there check the connectors that screw into the tuner module. Make sure that on the cables are fitted correctly to the receivers tuner ensuring that the inner core has not come into contact with the out braid of the cable on all the connections.

Check the cable to the lnb/aerial/cable box for damage and then check the connection to the lnb/wall outlet for water ingress.

If after you have checked all that and have confirmed their is no issues with anything you could try changing the lnb on the sat side as there may be a fault with that.

After all that if the box still keeps rebooting try a different image. If that doesn't help i would condemn the receiver and cut your loses

Nano

Edited once, last by nano ().

• Thanks guys will give those a try . I'll keep you updated . Thanks for your time . Might look it to flashing a different image on to the book. I'm sure I'll find a walk through/ idiots guide to do that lol

• Fingers crossed I've managed to stop the box cutting out! Not sure what I've done, but I followed nanos advice a little, opened up the box and disconnect all the parts , fan , hard drive and tuner ( noticed the tuner wasn't fully secured) put everything back and touch wood it's staying on . Just wanted to say a big thanks for everyone's time who helped . Many thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!