Reception in West Midlands, Multi-dish setup, and distribution

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 524 times. The last Post () by scouser97.

• Hi, new to the forum and would appreciate comments and/or feedback.

I'm planning to install a motorised dish on the south-south-east elevation of a house with line of sight from 8W to 42E, with trees obstructing E until 57E. The dish will go above the kitchen extension (roof) and below the building roofline. I could fit a 1m dish here, but will it bring in more than an 88cm or 90cm to make it worthwhile? The location is along the A45.

The bottom of the garden is about 25m away with a clear view over the rooftop west. Can I put another dish here, and feed both dish signals into a VU+ Solo2 tuner? Just in terms of budget, I could go up to a 1.2m dish here if needed.

Is there a way to distribute signals over a household LAN (or wireless) to, say a PC, or tablet?

• Yeah you can run 2 dishes into vu solo2, bigger dish is always better imo. I get from 45 east to 30 west on a 1mtr dish and im just off A45 not far from airport. As to running over lan you can use xbmc free download just google it.

Vu Solo 4K Running OpenBlackhole 5.1

MultiSat

Panasonic 55" 4k OLED Model TX-55902B

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!