OpenTV EPG not working with Cool TV Guide

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,827 times. The last Post () by keratos.

• I've enabled Open TV EPG loader in EPG Panel and used ***-UK. All the data is downloaded and I have an /media/hdd/epg.dat (on my hard drive) - the filesize looks about right.

I've installed Cool TV guide but see no EPG. Rebooted the box. no difference. Its like its picking up another EPG.DAT from somewhere but I cannot find settings to confirm.

CrossEPG - when I set this up - works. Cool TV picks up the EPG.DAT .

Problem with Cross EPG is that i frequently loose EPG data, hourly data gets lost over time incementally, then eventually I have no EPG data and then loose channels. This happened on Vix image too. One of the reasons to "upgrade" to BH was to use the new OpenEPG panel and setup , doing away with CrossEpg.

Can anyone help me get OpenTV (EPG Panel) working with CoolTV

VU+ Duo. BH 2.0.9. CCcam 2.1.3

• This is how I have cross epg configured in BH when using coolman...

menu/setup/crossepg/configure mine is set to save to usb stick @ 06.30 everyday

when that is done I goto openTV providers... select sly uk open 28.2 (press ok to put a green tick beside it) then press the yellow button to download the data. Then press the green button to save.

And that's it.....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Yes but this isnt what I asked , or perhaps I wasnt clear.

I do not want to use CrossEPG for reasons given.

I would like to use the EPG Panel and the OpenEPG system; from the Setup->EPG Panel menu. This is not CrossEPG.

So how do I get OpenEPG working with CoolTV and where are the EPG dat file stored/expected because CoolTV doesnt find an EPG.dat

I've just repeated the OP !!

• Official Post

Try deleting the epg data and rescanning CrossEPG, it may be trying to read data from old epg.dat file.. Kill enigma2 in telnet, delete the data then reboot and rescan..

In telnet paste this command and press enter.

Code
    init 4

FTP to /usr/crossepg/data and delete the file ext.epg.dat

In telnet paste this command and press enter.

Code
    init 3

Now setup CrossEPG again for HDD and OpenTV providers and download the data..

How to : Setup CrossEPG and BlackHole EPG settings

• Guys, NO NO NO NO NO

I do NOT want to use CrossEPG

Please read OP again

I want to use the EPG system in Menu->EPG Panel-> BH EPG settings, Enable OpenTV EPG loader / download here.

• Alright mate calm down, why don't you tell us how you have the opentv configured to begin with.... then we can go from there

You gave up on crossepg because you said it was losing data etc, if it's setup correctly and set to update everyday I don't see how that could happen tbh....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• I was keeping calm until the flurry of responses indicated that the original request was not being read. It was very frustrating and the excitement of it all got the better of me. Sorry.

OpenEPG is dead simple, just enable it and select "sly"UK, download, then set a schedule download. storage is on hard disk. simple. the EPG file is created in /media/hdd/epg.dat - the same file CrossEPG creates.

Ive had problems with Cross EPG for years on Vix , OpenPLI and now Blackhole. EPG files are downloaded but over the suceeding days , event info gets lost until I eventually have to download it manually. Been the same for years. Again , standard setup, EPG stored in /media/hdd/epg.dat on hard drive and a scheduled download. The box is in standby when the download is scheduled - could this be the problem?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!