how do i change media tomb views offered upto DLNA clients

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 510 times. The last Post () by keratos.

• SO I have installed media tomb on a linux sat box. install works and I can access files and the web interface. the version of MT installed is that which comes with the BlackHole mipsel image 2.0.9 from linuxsatsupport

I've read the docs at mediatomb.cc but not being a techie, find it hard going. I've managed to get where I am through using forums for specific help.

When I fire up windows media player (WMP) on Win7 it correctly identifies "Media Tomb" and lists: Music, Videos, and Recorded TV. I understand these are called "views provided by the server"? How do I change these views/the names and what goes in them. My MT web interface shows filesystem and database views (?), none of which look the same as the structure seen in WMP. Further, the recorded TV files appear in Videos (under WMP) and not recorded TV. They have a ".ts" extension on the hard drive connected to the sat box.

thanks

VU+ Duo. BH 2.0.9. CCcam 2.1.3

• I have since sorted this out, but it was complex and required a bit of scripting learning and amending a couple of customisation files in mediatomb - part of the customisation functionality. works a treat now. all my files are stored under /media/hdd/HOME and windows movie player and vlc now show ->

VU Duo box
    > TV channels
    > TV recordings
    > Movies
    > Photos

VU+ Duo. BH 2.0.9. CCcam 2.1.3

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!