Technomate Tm 800hd

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 956 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Hi all, just interested to know your thoughts on the Technomate Tm 800hd interested in the multi sat side of things and all so the Linux as well, if you know what I mean? :44_002:

Thanks in advance

• Official Post

Why that ?

The TM800 used the Philips CPU. Cracking picture quality and media playback.

Without going into too much detail...
    There is no native PLI images. You are only able to use the modified images from the IQ/4D teams. They have packed so much unnecessary code into it. You will run out of memory very quickly and it will fail on you.
    Internal HDD is not detected fro recent HDD, you have to use the USB sata adapter.
    Installing another image does not wipe the memory cleanly.
    OpenTV epg does not work.
    Many plugins do not work.
    The fan quickly becomes loud. It is a non-satndard size and replacements will be expensive.

If you get it for less than £30 then maybe worth it.
    The image by Rjkaard is a good one. However, make a backup so you can restore in case it crashes on you.

There are other TM receivers (as well as other brands) that would be better. Consider the Nano with HDD kit or the Nano 2T.

• what he said :D

• If all your doing is just watching TV on it and its cheap (sub £50) then its OK but its not very exciting and there isn't much you can do with it as support has more or less stalled on it.

Picture quality is very good, although channel switching isn't exactly fast. There are Enigma 1 and Enigma 2 receivers out there that are faster and a lot more versatile than the TM800.

To record on it you have to use the USB adapter, although once you have that it records onto HDD without too many issues. I use the World-of-Satellite-IQ-CoolTV-EPG-Edition image on mine which make the box functional for everyday use in the kids room.

There are much better receivers out there, i only have one because it was given to me free of charge.

Nano

• Just been looking at the TM-NANO-OE (single tuner OK for me) from your sponsor, using it as a motorised system as the ***box F5 is limited to channel memory. I take it theres more support for this one and its just as easy to enter "subs" (which I already have).

Thanks in advance

• Lets just hope it is original. There are that many clones gong around these days its hit and miss sometimes.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!