Dyn help

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 441 times. The last Post () by stevenlee1981.

• hi all , got this e-mail today saying ...... To our Dyn free hostname users:

This email is an reminder that Dyn's free hostname program will be ending on Wednesday, May 7th -- 14 days from today

ive sighted up on noip.com but when i do my mates new cline they dont work the channels comes up scrambled but when i put the old cline back on and that works fine, any eiders any1?

thanks ste

• Most users are paying what is actually very good value for no-headaches not having to check to updates every 30 days ,etc...
    and also possible to have multiple hosts synchronised at once....
    I know,,, sounds like spam ... lol
    At the end of the day the choice is yours but dont say you havent been advised...
    EDIT: what do you mean your mates cline comes up scrambled??? that has nothing to do with your host...
    As long as you have synchronised your no-ip host with your current external IP you should be good to go..

• Sounds like you are still updating the old dyndns hostname.. Are you still running the dyndns updater client ? Do you have the old dynamic dns details in your router ? How are you updating the no-ip hostname ? Did you download and use their updater client ?

yeh mate ive downloadrd their updater client, ive left the dyndns updater running but deleted me mates cline then put the new 1 on but no joy

how much dose it work out to go pro with dyndns? if its easier and less mess about updateing every 30 days i might just do that

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!