New 750MHz! Bootloader for Octagon SF8HD / XP1000+ and MaxDigital XP1000

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,739 times. The last Post () by SuperCow.

• As the title, new 750MHz bootloader for the following receivers: -

Octagon SF8 HD
    Octagon XP1000+
    MaxDigital XP1000

HOW TO FLASH OCTAGON SF8 HD - READ CAREFULLY!

1) Extract the attached zip file.
    2) Format your USB stick FAT32 - USE MAX 8GB STICK!
    3) Copy the COMPLETE XP1000 folder to root of your USB stick.
    4) Power off your receiver.
    5) Connect USB stick to REAR USB port.
    6) Power on.
    7) When USB appears on VFD press CH- NOT THE USUAL CH+ behind front flap.
    8) Wait for the flashing complete and the receiver automatically reboots itself.

HOW TO FLASH OCTAGON XP1000+ / MAXDIGITAL XP1000 - READ CAREFULLY!

1) Extract the attached zip file.
    2) Format your USB stick FAT32 - USE MAX 8GB STICK!
    3) Copy the COMPLETE XP1000 folder to root of your USB stick.
    4) Power off your receiver.
    5) Connect USB stick to REAR USB port.
    6) Power on.
    7) Wait for both RED REC LED and LED on front standby button to appear RED then press CH- NOT THE USUAL CH+ behind front flap.
    8) Wait for the flashing complete and the receiver automatically reboots itself.

Enjoy :)

Original 600MHz attached too, just incase anyone wants to revert back to original.

• Hi

Can anyone tell me what are the advantages of using the 750 MHz bootloader as opposed to the 600 MHz ?

Is there anyway of knowing which bootoader is already installed ?

Finally, does the updating of the bootloader effect the image & settings on the receiver ?

Thanks In Advance.

• I Had A Problem Streaming HD Recordings From My Quad To My XP1000 Via My Ethernet... This Solved The Problem And Increases The Speed Considerably...

Because I Could Live Stream Perfectly And Couldn't For A Recording Of Exactly The Same Program And Channel, It Drew My Attention To The Size Of Recordings Enigma2 Boxes Create... I Monitored The Streams Via My Computer, And The Recording It Roughly Twice The Size Of The Live Stream... Which I Think Means The Recording Is Automatically De-interlaced, As That Would Explain This Quirk Perfectly...

• Mine is running at 500mhz. I've not used the 750mhz bootloader yet.
    I've opened up de XP1000 and there is an pathetic heatsink on the chip, just an very small plate.
    I think its wise to use an beefier heatsink on it. It his possible?
    The original look like its glued on it, but I can move it an probable remove it without damage the core.
    But what heatsink would fit, and how do I attach it again, there no mounting holes.

• master G

Added the Label Bootloaders

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!