[DOWNLOAD] SLY.NEW Skin with Cool TV Guide For Open Pli, Open ATV or HD freaks

There are 127 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 30,562 times. The last Post () by paul74910.

• Hi,
    I would really appreciate if someone can provide a step by step guide on how to install this skin on open atv image running 5.1 firmware? I have a vu+ duo 2 box and I have tried ftp into the box but wont install. I tried extracting the file and moving the files manually to the correct locations but still no luck, the box would freeze on start up. Maybe I am not extracting the files properly, I don't know. Can someone help please? maybe upload a zip file instead of ipk file with guide?

You need to ftp the ipk file in /tmp folder

Then use DCC and install via telnet

Telnet command is in the post #1

After installation go to skin settings and select SLY.NEW and Restart E2

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Really appreciate your reply. Sorry i am a newbie and dont know how to do Telnet command or know what it is. Any chance of brief explanation on how to do it and what it is?

• good evening , just a quick question is this skin avail for wetek E2 at all ?

Many Thanx In Advance

H0nch0 ;)

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• good evening , just a quick question is this skin avail for wetek E2 at all ?

Many Thanx In Advance

H0nch0 ;)

It should work for Open ATV...

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent thank you,

one more question forgot to ask this in the other post there is some foreign language in the hard drive set-up bit when your formatting it.

image attached mate, anyway I could change this?

Thats the job view screen... I will check it out in the skin xml... thanx for that mate..

:)

• I managed to install the skin the way you said by using telnet. However when i selected the skin and restarted the box, it seem the box has frozen. It's taking a very long time to restart. The loading spinner loads now and then. What should i do? Wait to restart? Or manually turn the box and back on again?

• I managed to install the skin the way you said by using telnet. However when i selected the skin and restarted the box, it seem the box has frozen. It's taking a very long time to restart. The loading spinner loads now and then. What should i do? Wait to restart? Or manually turn the box and back on again?

Try to manually off your reciever. It should restart normal unless there was an error during installation. I have never used OpenATV but I know it works with the image.

• There was no error on installation. I tried manually turning the box on and off again but luck. Thanks for all your help, going to reflash my box and go back to my old setup.

• There was no error on installation. I tried manually turning the box on and off again but luck. Thanks for all your help, going to reflash my box and go back to my old set-up.

Boot box up leave it a few minutes then Download the one you can extract on the first page "Chababu_V2.0.zip"

then open a ftp software Eg fillezilla or DCC then when its connected to which ever ftp program your using navigate folders "USR/SHARE/FONTS"

then copy skymedium.ttf that file into there

Reboot box all should work.

Edited once, last by 50pounds: Spelling mistake. ().

• Hi Chababu, thanx for you great job , we appreciate what you do, i use to have the last sky skin V.2.3 on VU+DUO2 Openpli image no prob e toll , and i was try the latest one , but something goes wrong , i delete the old folder ,ftp /usr /share/enigma2/, reboot the box , then install the v2.5 , i put ipk on temp the telnet it , install successful, but when i go to choose the skin ,there isn't on the skin folder the skin i install , is anything we can do , cause at moment come back to v.2.3, ,anyway is anything we ca do , please let me know

regards Nick

• Hi Chababu, thanx for you great job , we appreciate what you do, i use to have the last sky skin V.2.3 on VU+DUO2 Openpli image no prob e toll , and i was try the latest one , but something goes wrong , i delete the old folder ,ftp /usr /share/enigma2/, reboot the box , then install the v2.5 , i put ipk on temp the telnet it , install successful, but when i go to choose the skin ,there isn't on the skin folder the skin i install , is anything we can do , cause at moment come back to v.2.3, ,anyway is anything we ca do , please let me know

regards Nick

You need to transfer the v2.5 ipk file to /tmp

Then use telnet command:

opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/*.ipk

Restart e2 and go to skin settings and select from there.

• Hi mate, thanx for quick respond , is not extract when i telnet the ipk , i reflash the box again but not ,
    this is all ,i just istall the 2.3 verision again ,please let me know if you can . :72::72::72::72::72:

regards Nick

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Chababu, thanx a lot mate for your support ,i manage to make it work after so trying,cause when i telnet it the cannot extract , what i don i install the ipk file , the telnet with command but not successful, then i extract the ipk file with 7-zip the get the sky new 2.5 folder and send it to usr/share /E2 then restart E2, now is working,

thanx a lot mate

regards Nick

• Am glad its all sorted. Enjoy the skin..

• Just put this on open black hole and just loops when starting the GUI, tested on Blackhole 2.1.7 and the green screen of death.

Box being used on is VU solo2 - non clone

v2.6 BTW

Edited once, last by daz237 ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!