Transcoding Help

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,202 times. The last Post () by 7593steve.

• After many hrs of googling, gave up and opted for simpler way of asking here :53_002:

1) I can view transcoded video fine on computer via LAN/mobile network. For it to work flawlessly, I'd to put framerate@30fps. Tried with 25/50 but unwatchable with pixallated and dropped frames. Is is normal?
    2) When watching (1) above, I get no sound on HD channels for TV. Hardware limitation or need to play with some configuration?

Thanks

• Afaik transcoding compresses the signal in order to stream to other devices using small bandwidth. For me, hd always seems a bit jittery within my local network using open webif but sd is near perfect. That said, it may be my wireless speed within my LAN. Outside of my network, i have no alternative but to use the sd transcoded stream as my bb is only 1.5meg upload and i find it works quite well on laptop using open webif. On my mobile phone, I use vu+ player which can be d/loaded from play store free(dunno about itunes). Just open port 80 on router and better off to assign static ip(static lease) to your receiver within your router, quality is quite watchable for me on phone. To use openwebif outside your network, open port 8002 to use transcoded stream. Hope it helps.

iBffBYU.png

Edited once, last by codar ().

• Thanks gents for replies. I've no problem transcoding & streaming over either on LAN or mobile network. Though on mobile network, quality of stream is very very poor which to my understanding is due to limitation on bitrate of 1Mbits. The problem i've is while streaming the transcoded one, I get no sound on any of the HD channels on TV (watching at same time).

• Hi mate, I don't know if you've sorted this, but I was also having trouble with streaming outside my network. I set up my dynamic dns and followed all the tutorials that I could find (most of which just seemed to annoyingly stop without explanation). I spent over a week googling and reading everything about streaming and transcoding and couldn't see where I was going wrong, so yesterday I decided to uninstall vu+player and reinstall and this morning its working fine.
    Sorry for the long post, just thought this may be worth a try.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!