I can't flash my vu solo 2

There are 28 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,455 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• I'm relatively new to this so please bear with me. I'm using a blackhole image Which has been working well until I tried to install the vps plugin, when the box rebooted it came up with a green screen with error messages and rebooted its self. Now it just keeps repeating this cycle.
    I then divided to install the latest image I could find 2.0.9.1. The problem I have now is that when I put the USB in to the box and switch it on ot just repeats the green screen-reboot cycle.

• unplug the usb stick and reformat it on your pc..
    then upload the image again and try to install.. ( make sure that only the vuplus folder containing the image is on the stick)
    make sure no other usb ports /hdd connections are no connected..

• I'm relatively new to this so please bear with me. I'm using a blackhole image Which has been working well until I tried to install the vps plugin, when the box rebooted it came up with a green screen with error messages and rebooted its self. Now it just keeps repeating this cycle.
    I then divided to install the latest image I could find 2.0.9.1. The problem I have now is that when I put the USB in to the box and switch it on ot just repeats the green screen-reboot cycle.

Ill take a guess but im sure you have a clone not an original box ,there was never solo 2 issues till clones hit the market .Where did you buy it

• I've just tried what you mentioned but still no luck. Would it have something to do with meoboot. When I switch the power on it comes up with a screen saying meoboot at the bottom and flash highlighted in green near the top.

• I bought the box from world of satellite. Is there anyway I could tell if it's a clone

it wont be a clone if you got it there , try a different memory stick and make sure your folder structure is right you first folder will be vuplus in that solo2 and so on it cant be on the stick zipped still front usb will do the trick when prompted press the power button

• Everything is as you've described on the memory stick but there is no prompt on the front to press the power button. Unfortunately I don't have another memory stick to hand so I'll have to try that tomorrow.

• Sandisk cruzer blade(4/8/16gb) and/or sandisk extreme (usb3 32gb) have no problems either, from my experience.
    As cazeula said in post 2, make sure all usb drives at rear are disconnected before flash. I never had to disconnect hdd but heard others having to aswell.

iBffBYU.png

Edited once, last by codar: More info ().

• Just on the off chance I tried the the vu plus image from their website and it's installed fine. Could it be that the black hole 9.0.2.1 image is unstable/corrupt which I tried originally.

• I'm going to try re downloading tomorrow and give it another go and yes you are correct, it was a bit of dyslexia on my behalf, sorry.

• I just flashed mine for the first time today, it took me a couple of tries but I was being too careful. This worked for me, switch your box on, let it boot, then switch off using the switch at the back. Put your usb key in and switch back on again with the switch on the back. Press the power button on the box when it asks you to, wait until it says restart in a few seconds and pull the usb key out before it restarts.

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!