Timeshift help

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 535 times. The last Post () by satmanus.

• Im trying to install a new hdd in a vu duo, it has an old image vix image on which has the time shift option built in, as some of you will know its been ages since ive done a lot with the hobby.

I have initialised and formatted the hdd using the menu options, but i still cant get it to work properly. I remember when I did it last time I did it all via telnet, but I can't remember the commands, to list the available devices and then did you have to 'map' or create a link to the hdd\timeshift folder.

I have had a look but cant seem to find what I am looking for, cheers for any help :)

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• hmm seems I haven't got that far even, i was using the options in ts pannel this time, but i dont seem to have mounted it successfully.

I was referred to a page about what info is needed but it related to oscam if you need more info let me know and ill post it :)

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• You would be better flashing the duo with the latest vix helios image bud, as all the others are no longer supported... If you do that the hdd should be auto-mounted for you.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Im trying to install a new hdd in a vu duo, it has an old image vix image on which has the time shift option built in, as some of you will know its been ages since ive done a lot with the hobby.

I have initialised and formatted the hdd using the menu options, but i still cant get it to work properly. I remember when I did it last time I did it all via telnet, but I can't remember the commands, to list the available devices and then did you have to 'map' or create a link to the hdd\timeshift folder.

I have had a look but cant seem to find what I am looking for, cheers for any help :)

As mckee25 says you will have to update your image as older drivers struggled with permanent timeshift..with later images you will then find the option to choose disable it or enable for the set amount of seconds after a channel change.

Btw i have used PTS on just about every image and i found openpli to be the most stable while using this option.

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!