Issue after online update OpenViX Helios Build v010 to v011

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,527 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• Dont care what anyone says including yourself mr pheonix...i updated my vu duo1 to helios 011 and the bootloader on my box became corrupted...constant reboot even in standby which i realized when my timers were constantly trying to record and fail!...i actually thought my box had popped a cap but luckily it was just a case of a bootloader reflash..back to open pli again fook dat crap.

• Dont care what anyone says including yourself mr pheonix...i updated my vu duo1 to helios 011 and the bootloader on my box became corrupted...constant reboot even in standby which i realized when my timers were constantly trying to record and fail!...i actually thought my box had popped a cap but luckily it was just a case of a bootloader reflash..back to open pli again fook dat crap.

Ive had issues with a miracle twin premium with that build menu button was unresponsive the light flashed but nout was going on at all managed to get in roll it back and go from 010 i think it was,updated to 012 and the box has never been faster since i got it it updated but got this image during the restore never been seen before , but now its running faster than ever

Dont care what anyone says including yourself mr pheonix...i updated my vu duo1 to helios 011 and the bootloader on my box became corrupted...constant reboot even in standby which i realized when my timers were constantly trying to record and fail!...i actually thought my box had popped a cap but luckily it was just a case of a bootloader reflash..back to open pli again fook dat crap.

I think you might have just been unlucky m8, I updated my solo2 & duo1 from 10 to 11 without a hickup & just now updated them both to 13 & all went smoothly also..
    Did you by any chance make the manual changes to get 4OD to work with ondemand? If so I wonder if that could have caused the glitch?
    I only ask because I made the manual changes but all was not well with duo1 but I reflashed 10 before I updated to 11..

TF

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Edited once, last by thatfellow ().

if your bootloader had become corrupted the receiver would not reboot at all and would require a full J-TAG reflash to repair.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Ive had issues with a miracle twin premium with that build menu button was unresponsive the light flashed but nout was going on at all managed to get in roll it back and go from 010 i think it was,updated to 012 and the box has never been faster since i got it it updated but got this image during the restore never been seen before , but now its running faster than ever

Thats just the default tool used to live flash the receiver via the Image manager, it has been in use since Zeus build 001.

• Dont think so considering this was just an online update from version 010 to 011

Build 011 failed at about 95 percent through the build process, as was posted on WoS which could account for your issue, but it was not a corrupted bootloader no matter what you claim.

• Build 011 failed at about 95 percent through the build process, as was posted on WoS which could account for your issue, but it was not a corrupted bootloader no matter what you claim.

Strange why a reflash of my bootloader sorted the issue is it not tho..in any case it makes no difference as i ended up flashing open pli back to my receiver anyway as i did not like what i seen.

Btw i did not create this thread header..an admin or moderator has done that..i simply posted my issue in your helios update thread...bad me.

• well who ever created the title was just scaremongering because this was not a corrupt bootloader, as i said if the bootloader had become corrupted only a J-TAG would have resurrected the receiver.

well who ever created the title was just scaremongering because this was not a corrupt bootloader, as i said if the bootloader had become corrupted only a J-TAG would have resurrected the receiver.

I did not name this thread but I have renamed it as the original title (in hindsight) seems inaccurate..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Edited once, last by thatfellow ().

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!