Gigablue 800 se - for cable use?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,389 times. The last Post () by Dikkidave.

• Hi, is the gigablue 800 se capable of turning into a twin tuner? like sat & dvb-c ? i found this on amazon /GigaBlue-Giga-DVB-C-Hybrid-Tuner/dp/B007OTLLJO (best not post full link or i may be breaking rules) for 36 quid and was thinking of having a play about.. would it be a simple plug and play or would i need drivers and a completely different firmware on it, i currently use openvix.

any thoughts appreciated and thanks in advance

cheers

• Cheers Delboy13 Will have a look into it more so now then, reason being i just moved into a flat (temp hopefully lol) and the only feeds i can find are sat and cable as i have internet from virmin, but communal dishes are crap and least bit of rain the sat packs up and i can't even get free to air, i still have all my shares so can't use original box as i will look at getting motorised dish back up and running once i move again.. the other option was to plug in a seperate cable box and hopefully get some sort of channels showing so if the sat goes off i can still watch tv instead of only on demand stuff and movies through ts media. Price of a duo box was over 100 and the plug in part to turn giga into cable was 20 - 40 quid, so im all for the cheaper option lol.
    thanks again
    dikki

• read vix are working on cable abm which would be very handy

yes peterj and andy are working on that now, although andy does not have access to cable, it's about 95 percent complete so hopefully wont be too long before it joins ABM along with the newly added DVB-T scanning feature.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Sorry to bother u again lads, i just plugged in one of these cable things and cannot seem to find it, tried software update, puggins, addons, mount devices, service searching but it doesn't show at all, do i need to re-install the vix f/w from scratch so it will find it or am i missing something real easy lol

thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!