Anyone know how to watch one channel and record another using mgcamd?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,498 times. The last Post () by SteJay.

• As above-i have oscam working fine watching one and recording another

but it doesnt work using mgcamd. A friend set up the oscam on a custom image which i use, but i got mgcamd afterwards

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• From past experience with both an Alien 2 and an nBox 5800SX i have come to the conclsuion that MGCamd doesn't easily decode two streams at the same time. OSCam handles the decoding of multiple streams a lot better than MGCamd does.

OSCam works better than MGCamd if its setup correctly. People who state that OSCam is sh*t usually don't now how to setup or can't be bothered to set up OSCam correctly. Beacuse OSCam isn't more or less plug and play like MGCamd is most people don't bother with it as its easy to setup MGCamd where as you have to use your grey matter to setup OSCam.

OSCam handles CWs better than MGCamd ever has and It also has constant development which is something that cannot be said for MGCamd. MGCamd also cannot decode from a card, you have to use a card reader like NewCS or OSCam to allow it make use of a local card.

why not use CCcam_Oscam LOL

The Amiko Alien cannot run native CCCam, it won't run on a SH4 chipset like the Amiko Alien boxes use, That also explains why most people use OSCam or MGCamd onthese boxes, purely because CCCam won't run on them. And before somebody states that CCCam works in Spark, it doesn't. The CCCam in Spark is a modified version of MGCamd that reports itself as CCCam.

I run OSCam on its own on both my nBox 5800s and my DM800Se and it works perfectly on both boxes and is 100% stable all of the time so unfortunatey Stejay i will have to disagree with your statement stating OSCam is sh*t.

Nano

Edited 3 times, last by nano ().

• You prefer OsCam and thats your entitlement

I was asking about mgcamd- if it cant decode 2 streams thats cool thats all i needed to know

I disagree with your assumption that I was just lazy in choosing mgcamd, I tried 3 different images the latest from Champion who I know from another forum, heis a keen supporter of oscam and he has it set up already in his image but still I get nothing but freezes with it

Mgcamd doesnt freeze as much for some reason.The line I'm using is absolutely terrible which I dont doubt has a lot to do with it but I'M tied in for another month so need to make the best of a bad situation in that regard

I have also tried numerous different oscam.server and .user files and all had the same outcome. So after a lot of trial and error I started using Mgcamd

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!