Vu+Duo after flashing redlight at boot and starting....

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,619 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• This Vu+Duo was running on OpenPLI-3.11, and I wanted to let it run on VTI-4.24 like my 2 other Vu+Duo's ("standarisation")
    So I flashed Bootloader cfe-3.0 several times after each other.
    Then I flashed VTI-4.2.4 also several times ofter each other.
    Each time was asked in Vu's display remove USB and reboot, what I did.
    Then I obtained a red light in upper left corner and a message: O >Starting...
    When pushing on a remote control key, led glows orange

I thought on C807, but it was earlier and preventively changed... I also measured the 3 regulator outputs and measured 1.37 / 1.27 / 2.57 V from pin8 to ground
    C807 is now 220µF35V and to be certain, I placed in parallel a new one 100µF-63V together with an SMD ceramic cap 330nF

Meanwhile my rig is always O > Starting

Can anybody help me? :lmao::26_002::06::71:

• flash your openpli backup back on and then take it from there..
    this will eliminate whether its hardware or software problems..
    Are you sure its not a clone?? especially if you have already been changing components..

• Of coarse its an original one!, even with the original failure...
    I always switch of power before loading or unloading connectors, so the rig is off when connectinn or disconnecting ports.
    Harddisk is completely disconnected, and no other device is connected.

But disapointing, I don't have a backup!!!
    I've done it lots of times and no faults, up until now... I'am sorry!

How to continue an solve the problem?

I even think its the bootloader which is not correct flashed/loaded?

Edited once, last by herbybg ().

• You said in the first post that you repeatedly flashed the bootloder, why ?. Flashing the bootloader is akin to updating the bios on a pc/laptop and only needs to be done when a updated bootloader is released, needlessly flashing the bootloader is a very easy way to destroy the receiver.

as for you'r current issue, try generating a bootlog with a rs232 null modem cable and a putty session, this will give more insite into what is going wrong.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Yes pheonix is quite right in what he says, there is no support on the forum buddy for Vu+ clones..... so I will close this thread now. If the original poster wants it re-opened then please contact a moderator or admin.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!