New DM800HD questions

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,762 times. The last Post () by lfc4ever.

• Hi folks,

As I mentioned previously, I ordered a DM800HD clone (it arrived to Dublin from Yaoxin after around a week, got stung for €20 customs but €150 all in not too bad) and am ready to get started. Thing is, I wanted to test it out with the image the box came with before I start messing with flashing etc. When I plug it in, it shows "Loading Enigma2". I managed to figure out how to scan 28.2 (may sound easy to most but it took me hours to figure out:ah:), but only approx 30 channels were found, and the only one I can watch is the crappy *** intro one. It's not even showing the freesat ones.

-- Do I need to just bite the bullet and update the image on it?
    -- Any reason the freesat channels weren't found? (it found ITV HD2, 3, 4, Blighty etc but none of them work, signal seems to be around 5% on them even though my old *** freesat box has a great signal on all freesay channels)

Thanks for all the help so far

• Hi , not having this box I´m only guessing that first of all, boxes come with preloaded frequencies to scan...it could need updating..
    Apart from trying out your freesatbox now to check that the dish hasn´t moved (winds,etc ) rechecking your cable connections..
    you also need to find out which 800 clone you recieved I think ( tuner type etc,) :
    ¿ did you not recieve a manual with it on how to,,first scan ,etc..?
    http://linuxsat-support.com/dm…-up-dm800-none-usals.html
    http://linuxsat-support.com/dm…ream-box-800se-clone.html
    http://linuxsat-support.com/dm…ideo-how-flash-dm800.html
    ALL these tuts and much more can be found in the relevant section : Forum Gateway - Powered by DnP Firewall
    Forum Gateway - Powered by DnP Firewall

• Yup as the lads said try an E2 channel list!..

As you only have a fixed dish at the min maybe you might be better off using these : Forum Gateway - Powered by DnP Firewall

You'll need dreambox edit to update it: Forum Gateway - Powered by DnP Firewall

Although 5% sounds like your dish is offline or the co-ax and f-connector are not connected proper!

You won't clear the pay channels like Blightly, and ITV 2,3 and 4 HD require a *** uk card to clear as they are not fta like their sd counterparts!

I'd say flash your box with a good image first heather...

Spare yourself the work in the long run...

Use Internet Explorer as the browser to flash it with...

Nice video here how to do it: http://linuxsat-support.com/dm…ideo-how-flash-dm800.html
    Enjoy!

• its strange the signal would be so bad, as I've been using it with WMC with no problem, its a dual co-ax cable so maybe I'll hook the other one up tonight and give that a go. The box came pre-loaded to scan 13.5 and 19.2 and I had no idea how to add 28.2. I did try the freesat box and it was perfect, so it must be something to do with a dodgy connection or something. Will read all the links above, get rid of the 2 unneccesary sats and rescan with coax number 2 tonight.

• Official Post

its strange the signal would be so bad, as I've been using it with WMC with no problem, its a dual co-ax cable so maybe I'll hook the other one up tonight and give that a go. The box came pre-loaded to scan 13.5 and 19.2 and I had no idea how to add 28.2. I did try the freesat box and it was perfect, so it must be something to do with a dodgy connection or something. Will read all the links above, get rid of the 2 unneccesary sats and rescan with coax number 2 tonight.

More likely your sat.xml is old so the box is looking for these channels on the wrong frequency's. There have been a lot of changes on 28E this year.

• More likely your sat.xml is old so the box is looking for these channels on the wrong frequency's. There have been a lot of changes on 28E this year.

Ok well thats going to be my first project, find the tutorial and amend that file, then assuming all goes well and the box isnt a dud I'll go ahead and flash an image and a channel list (after another 2 weeks of reading!!)

• Make sure to select network scan on and FTA/Free only scan off.

So looks like this was my problem, I figured out how to delete the unwanted sats, switched network scan on and bingo, scan is flying!! Assuming the freesat stuff works ok, I'll go ahead and download a new image and channel bouquet

• Really should not use the pre loaded image from Yaoxin, they are based in China, box gets sent from Hong Kong, it's set up and tested on there sat. Gemini image usually what comes pre loaded.

Follow the advice the lads have giving you - you will have it up and running in no time.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!