Gigablue 800SE opinions

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 799 times. The last Post () by kari.

• I am wondering is the GB800SE getting to the end of the road and time to buy a new dual purpose box with internal hard drive, or is their still a bit of life in the old dog..
    I am also wondering if their is any feedback on the quality of tuner, I seem to remember back on the old D2 box's it was down to the individual tuner at times if you got certain channels
    I read VIX are working on an image and I do like the VIX image at the moment..:41_002:
    So is it worth spending £30 on a tuner, or put it towards a new receiver

• It all depends on what you want to do with it. Its still a very capable box which is still widely supported by most of the image teams. The tuner is just as sensitive as other receivers i have used. Mine allows viewing on stuff on 7w that my DM800Se or nBox struggle with when connected to the same dish.

You can't really compare it with an old dBox2 which i also own. Unless you are using it mostly on the fringe there isn't much point in replacing it unless you are the type that must have the newest and best equipment. I've been there and now i just watch TV on it. If it works whats the point of replacing it as long as the support is there to keep the box interesting.

Nano

• Very goo replay by Nano. I do not see any point oin replacing a working box, i have Gigablue 800 SE my self and realy do not see what can fail for it to be replaced.
    there is more then inaf support around for the box, it does what it says on papper, and there is realy nothing wrong with using the box as long as you do not need something better equiped :-)

• Thank you to both for taking the time to reply, I have ordered a cable tuner so once it arrives I will get it installed.

In the meantime I will start having a read around to see how to set up for cable..

Thanks again folks

• i got a cable tuner for my 800se but it wouldnt work so sent it back, dunno if it was a problem with my box or with the part i received, easy to fit tho, how did you get on with fitting the dvb-t2 thing?

• Only used a cable tuner on my Dreambox DM800Se, never tried fitting one into my GB800Se.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!