twin tuner diseqc help?

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,015 times. The last Post () by todali.

• hi

can anyone answer this question for me. i have a multi lnb dish connect to a diseqc switch. i get how a single tuner switches between lnb, but can a twin tuner operate a 2x4 switch? i.e. if i change my single lnb's at variation positions to twin's, and connect them to each tuner by a 4x1 or 8x2 switch, can the receiver drive each tuner with different diseqc commands, so that one tuner is say 19E and tuner two is recording 13E?

hope the question makes sense?? i basically want to watch and record at the same time from different birds?

thanks

• Basically - yes.
    Of course it depends on your receiver. You can with the Vu+ duo treat each of the tuners as 2 independent tuners. They can be configured either single, toneburst a/b, diseqc a/b, diseqc a/b/c/d.

Ok, I've just had a look at the manual for the 8000 and you can, as described above. If you look in the manual from page 59 onwards it shows you how to do this for each of the 2 tuners.

Vu+ Solo, VIX 1.2 with CCcam2.2.1 - 1.2 Mtr Fibo gregorian, (53E - 58W). A couple of DM800's and a DM500 on a fixed 60cm dish

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!