what ithink of evo xfinity

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,276 times. The last Post () by tomatoman.

• hi all

when unpacked don't know what firmware it had but all was ok, good idea to have a android satellite receiver with xbmc,
    noticed films on xbmc run a lot smoother, then installed third party software from lavatronics, from startup it now takes approx. 5 mins
    before I saw bbc1 on screen making this the slowest reciever on the market, its a shame , I advise don't buy until there is more support
    I can not find hardly anything on the internet, will proberly put in shed until new firmware comes out.
    I cant even find the original firmware anywhere

ejmbon2

• Hi M8.

Really appreciate your feedback as I was going to buy one of these from named seller.

I think it is all still a bit new and until there is more of an uptake very little will move with this type of box. All seems to center around XBMC which is fine if you are a fan but there are better Media Centers & management systems out there. I tried all of what is advertised as being on the Evo on my Intel NUC and to be perfectly honest it was just pants compared to my DUO2. This experience had been the main reason for me holding off buying an xfinity until I saw your post. So thanks again.

Having already had a Ruby and having sold it again for the exact same reasons think speaks volumes against jumping into to an Android based STB again just yet.

I love to tinker with new tech but Android is still pantz compared to proper Linux and neither yet has the variety of multi-platform, media & application support that a Windows based system has IMHO.

• HELLO, very poor support with this box.....as an installer there is no point trying to flog em,cos getting a channel list.
    Here is a forum
    http://www.sat-support.tv/

they have software updates ,the box is self runs emulators well and is well made
    if i had my time again ,I would buy 2x cloud ibox2 plus

if you know where i can get an up todate ch list,let me know bud

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!