No Satellite Signal is Being Received.

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,629 times. The last Post () by lammy1961.

• When it rains I always get this message on my *** HD Box..."No Satellite Signal is Being Received"
    I have renewed all the cabling fitted a new LNB and renewed the F-Connectors at both ends, I have used Rubber Boots at the LNB end with Silicone Grease, yet as soon as it rains I get the dreaded "No Satellite Signal is Being Received"
    At best my Signal Strength is just above half way on the Test screen.........There are no obstructions blocking the Dish....

As soon as the rain stops and The LNB is dry, everything returns back to normal, I have tried coating the LNB with Silicone Spray but that is only a temporary fix.
    What else can I do ?

I hope this is posted in the correct forum...If not will a Mod please move it to the correct one.

Thanks in advance.

• Pretty simple answer in my opinion..

Your dish is not correctly aligned..

And when it rains, your getting "rain fade" on your signal..

Your dish is getting enough signal to be able to view the channels when its dry, you just need to tweak the dish a small bit to the left or right and maximize the signal...

• Yep, I remember years ago when the sly engineer was coming out to fit my setup, I said to missus, that is were I want my dish, tell him to put it right there.

Well he did not, I knew once winter came it would be a mess with the signal because quite simply that side of the house takes a battering from the rain and snow.

Needless to say, I took it straight down and fitted it exactly were I wanted it, and very very rarely have problems due to rain and snow.

• i had the same problem a few years ago.my solution at the time,,a dvd case.open uo the dvd case and pitch it like a tent over the lnb just to the tip of lnb so as its stil able to recieve the signal,secure it with cable ties,id nearly gaurentee ur problem will disappear,all my mates have it done now also and dey swear by it,thankfully the house im in now i dont have the problem,give it a go

• Thanks for the replies.....I just put the Eagle on CBS Action (It was the weakest channel I could find) 69 SNR, I moved the Dish to the right and managed to get it up to 75 SNR, I tightened it back up.
    Is there anything else I can do to improve it ?
    What's the best channel to use for setting up the Dish ?
    Would it help if I polished the face of the Dish with Silicone Spray......It's the Mesh type.

Thanks in advance.

• Had a bit more play.......Skewing the LNB (It is legal) and managed to get CBS Action up to 82 SNR.
    So all I need now is a downpoar.....I dont think I'll have to wait very long looking at the weather forecast.

Thanks for all the help.

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!