OScam/CCcam - CCcam.cfg PORT Number : 12000

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,455 times. The last Post () by toheugene.

• /var/etc/CCcam.cfg

SERVER LISTEN PORT : 12000
    F: user1 pass1

Router Port Forwarding

Dreambox CCcam Setting
    Protocol: CCcam
    Host: xxxxx.hopto.org
    Port: 12000
    User: user1
    Password: pass1

Question:
    I did an editing on SERVER LISTEN PORT : 12000 from 12000 to xxx port number and save it.
    After saving it, I checked on my CCcam Info Page, and I found up my Dreambox peer is still connecting to my OSCam/CCcam server.
    Why ???

I did another testing, by editing my CCcam.cfg from F: user1 pass1 to F: some-user some-password , this will perfectly fine, and I can see my Dreambox peer instantly kicked out from my server.

• When you changed the server listening port from 12000 to a new one, did you open this new port in your router???

No I did not open a new port in my router.

My logic is if I set 12000 as listening port in my CCcam.cfg, and set my router to 12000 (open port), theoretically , my router accept incoming request from 12000, and redirect to my server (based on the IP I bind with in my router).

Question
    If CCcam.cfg Listening Port is set to 12000, that means it can only accept 12000 port request only. If I change it to others, by right, my router will not point to the Listening Port (it will point to no where).
    By doing so, all my client should be disconnected (those that set their CCcam to port 12000).
    But funny thing is, I did an editing on the port number, peer (client) that connect to my server still can connect it.. This is logically incorrect...

I'm just doing a testing Listening Port parameter because if this can work, I can simply edit the port number to kick all peer out from my server at one time rather then re-editing their login or password one by one or edit my router port.

• If you leave port 12000 open on your router your going to get hacked really easily, this is the first post any hacker will try first.....

How many peers are you thinking of having on this server?????

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• If you leave port 12000 open on your router your going to get hacked really easily, this is the first post any hacker will try first.....

How many peers are you thinking of having on this server?????

Yes, for testing I will use 12000 first, and for production, for outbound port I will change it to other range , maintaining the inbound port as 12000. I think this will be fine, am I right?

Regarding on how many peer, I'm not sure at the moment, however for a OSCam server how many peer(s) can it manage (optimum) performance?

• Ok I am just going to come out and say it...... are you setting this server up to charge people money to access it?

I do not think I'm going to do it because it is against the law here.
    Malaysia has only one sole satellite provider. It is very easy to get detected if we do it here.

• Ok fair enough.... I would not keep any ports that you intend to use for sharing open on 12000 whether it is for in or out traffic.......

Please also read the forum rules if you have not done already, you will see that we are quite strict regards payservers here.......

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• No worries, no payserver is allowed here. I'm aware of the rules. :32_002:
    Infact the main reason I for me to do here is to get more idea on 2 key points, which are Proxy, Load Balancing + CDN.

Proxy, Load Balancing I can see I can get some posting here. I will go through all the posting first.
    However for CDN stuff on OSCam, it seems like no where I can see it here..
    Infact there info are for my OpenERP project which I'm doing it now; whereby getting the logic and applying in my project.

Thanks again for the clarification. Appreciated.

• I think I found up the reason why when I update my CCcam.cfg it cannot be instantly refresh on my new Listening Port number.
    After I did my port updating (as well as updating my router inbound port) + RESTARTING my Ubuntu Server, it will refresh OSCam/CCcam will reflect to my new port update.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!