Where does a Newbie go?

There are 31 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,008 times. The last Post () by glenviewjf.

• I sent a pm properly this time I hope lol, had a typo in the Cline.

I couldn't find the dns status info as described, though I did a port test by entering "xxxxx.dyndns.org" (rather than using my specific ip address) at Open Port Tool - DynDNS.com and got the following results:

"xxxxx.dyndns.org:12203 is open and accepting connections. This indicates the port is not being blocked by either a firewall or your ISP and is currently operational."

This should be ok shouldn't it? Doesn't it prove the dns is working and the port is being forwarded okay too?

Regards

• Official Post

Hi humphrey3000,

Yes by the sound of it you have did everything correctly and are now ready for the next step.

• Official Post

So you are ready to share but first make sure the card is working, try the following channels Pick TV, Five US, Five*.
    If they do not open look at the entitlements in oscam web info by doing the following.

In your web browser type

Code
    http://[COLOR='#FF0000']IpOfDrembox[/COLOR]:8888/

E.G 192.168.0.9

Click Readers

Then view entitlements

This will show you if the card is still active.

If all is good your next stop is here to let us all know you have it working. beer10

Working Local(s) Forum

• Official Post

It seems you may have a problem mate!

The line you sent me has never been active..

Although putting the cline you sent me in your own cfg along with the fline is probably the problem!

I can confirm Humphrey has everything working, you may want to check your own end though lol.

• No I've left it in there glenviewjf. Only taken out the cline which I thank you for putting me right on. Could it have been the typo difference between your version of my fline and the one I used?
    Thanks also to Ten Below and previous posters for being really helpful along the way here. I can't tell you how much more interesting this has been when you know someone is there ready to help. It's fantastic!

Can you bare be with me just a couple of more posts to see me get off the ground a little bit further :)

I've followed Ten Below's instructions above to check entitlements by clicking on the icon circled, but I don't think I'm even entitled to a glass of water! :0. I assume I should see a list of things quite interesting but instead I only get:

->[videoguard2-reader] type: VideoGuard B***B (0963), caid: 0963
    [videoguard2-reader] serial: 0xCxBx6x, BoxID: 001x1x1x, baseyear: 1997

Does that mean it's over for me? Instead of proceeding to the Working Local(s) Forum am I going to be directed to the "GoToCoventryUntilYouHaveSomethingInteresting" Forum?

Ahh well...

• Official Post

Below that info you should see several lines that look something like this like this

videoguard2-reader] tier: 1234, expiry date: XXXXXXXX

Leave it on one of those channels for some time & it may come to life, if you have the original sly box this may be worth a go also.

How to force updates to your sly card

If none of the above works its not the end of the world as you can still use

No Local But I Like To Experiment

• Thanks mate.

I'd like to learn more about hops. I think I get about hops being 1,2 or 3. But I aslo see that some are specifying hops = x when asking for a share. I'm sure it's obvious once told, but what does the value of x mean? Sorry if a daft question. Are there any tuts on this forum I've missed when searching about this?

• At the rate I'm learning I have'nt got a hop in hell :)

My vague understanding means that a hop1 means the server feeding you has a local card, and hop2 means the server receives the card from another server and then passes it on to you which can result in a lag that will get worse at hop3, etc, with a greater risk of freezing because of the delay in the key info arriving?

Then if someone says they have (for example) hop 1=10 , hop 2=200, hop 3 = 2500 does it mean they have 2500x hop3's to share?? How does that work in real time?

And does the above typical stat mean that the person has 10 people already connected to him at hop1? Or that he has ONE server connection at hop1 and can host a max 10 connections to others?

Then if someone says they have (for example) hop 1=10 , hop 2=200, hop 3 = 2500 does it mean they have 2500x hop3's to share?? How does that work in real time?

It all depends on the reshare level he has on those shares...

And does the above typical stat mean that the person has 10 people already connected to him at hop1? Or that he has ONE server connection at hop1 and can host a max 10 connections to others?

10 hop1 means he is getting 10 locals on share...

A local card when shared goes to hop1...

If he shared his hop1 to you they would be hop2 on your server...

And the same his hop2 would show as hop3 on your server..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!