Urgent Help with Hard Disk on DM8000 and oozoon image

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,323 times. The last Post () by ozimpex.

• Hi all,

I have recently installed a OoZoon image on my Dreambox 8000HD but somehow cannot get the hard disk to record. I keep getting the following message "Unconfigured storage devices found" . I tried every option given in the menu but could not accomplish it to work properly. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

• Which version do I install and how do I do it? Thank you for taking the time to help me. As a separate issue I would like to ask why is is that every time I do a software update it finds the same updates and tells me that it has updated and goes into restart. When we come back from restart I run the software update again and it finds the same updates....why is that? Something is wrong but I am not sure what!!

• You should be able to initialize the hard drive from the menu in Oozoon itself. Just go to Setup then System then Storage Devices. It should show the hard drive as not being initialized and no mount point defined.
    Press OK and then select either Automatically set up a mount point for this device or Set as default storage device and it should return to the first screen and have a tick next to it.
    Then go back to Setup then System then Recording Paths and you should either see the hard drive or be able to select it as the media recording storage device.

• It is 2.0 and the dreambox is genuine 8000.
    Sandra...I have tried all that you suggest but somehow it does not work. When I try to initialize the hard disk I get the message that it cannot be initialized.I wonder if there could be something wrong with the image or the hard drive itself!!! If you have other suggestions please send them my way. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Edited 3 times, last by ozimpex ().

• Sandra,
    I would like to provide a little more information; I used a ready made backup as oozoone image. Therefore when I go to "storage devices" under setup-system-storage devices, I see two hard drives. One of these drives look like not mounted as it is not my hard drive but my hard drive, when hit "OK", shows two partitions one of which has an extension "swp". Am I supposed to show only one hard drive with one partition or more?
    I really appreciate your input.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!