SF8 HD stuck at boot logo

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,452 times. The last Post () by Fausto_20.

• Hello,

I have a Octagon SF8 HD. Bought in in Dec 2013, used it for some days, but it "died" then after doing system updater.

That means that I was using the debian builtin upgrade script too upgrade. The system was afterwards working until I rebooted it.
    So i gues, it did weather a kernel update and forgot to update the bootloader or something like that.

So now the soccer WM is in the row and i must try to get it running again

What I tried so far, is to reflash the image and the bootloader.

But without success. The system does not boot from USB at all. It just starts, the power button gets "pink" fora second or to and then
    the boot logo comes up (Octagon), the REC LED is red, the Power button is not illuminated and the display shows "boot".

What can I try to get it running?

Thank you in advance.

Michael

• Ok, now i tried with at least 8 different USB sticks and finally the last one really worked!

It was a Kingston 8 GB. (small, red plastic, silver handle, just in case someone needs).

Great!

Which one is the best image distribution for an SF8 HD?

• Good morning
    do I have exactly the same problem in mine octagonsf8 from now any time, I noticed already his positive comment, I already bought a dozen of pendrives and it swims, friend might for an image of the pendrive that made flash his box? my ingles of translation, obliged of advancement, and cordial fulfillment

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!