Activate sly sports 5 online - Does this renew your contract for 12 more months??

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 904 times. The last Post () by Madhatter.

• From there site
    *** TV prices will increase on 1 September. In accordance with our standard terms, your *** TV package may rise by up to 10% in a minimum contract term. 12 months minimum subscriptions apply.
    *** Sports 5: *** TV with *** Sports currently from £43.50pm. Existing *** Sports customers must activate *** Sports 5. Box and set up costs may apply for new customers. General: 12 month minimum subscription for *** TV. Prices may go up during subscription. You must get any consents required (e.g. landlord's). Prices for direct debit payments only. Continuous debit/credit card mandate costs 50ppm. UK, channel islands and Isle of Man residential customers only. Further terms apply. Correct at 12 June 2014.

unless i'm reading it wrong it would appear it activates another 12 month contract

• I didnt see anything about another 12 months sign up when doing this ,

edit

is another 12 months contract btw but doesnt matter wont be getting rid of it , the beauty of cs is not everyone has to sign up for other to watch it so , communicate with your peers

Edited once, last by stevejo ().

• Over on the *** forums it says that activating the channel doesn't tie you into a new contract, it's only if you take the 2 years free broadband offer.

• More info on offers, re-contracting & the channel:

• New Broadband customers - 2 years free Broadband Unlimited when signing up to a 12 month minimum term for Broadband, Talk and Line Rental.
    • Existing Broadband customers - 2 years free Broadband Unlimited. Re-contract to an 18 month minimum term for Broadband, Talk and Line Rental.
    • New and existing Broadband customers - £10 a month Fibre Unlimited for 12 months when signing up to an 18 month minimum term for Broadband, Talk and Line Rental.
    • ROI customers are eligible for the channel only and not broadband offers.
    • *** Sports, Broadband, Talk & Line Rental must stay on your account for the duration of the offer. If any of these products are cancelled the offer is lost and we revert to standard price for the remainder of the broadband contract.
    • You will not be re-contracted if you do not take up the broadband offers and only activate the channel.
    • If you move home the offer will come with you.
    • The channel is in HD & SD
    • If you already have a broadband offer then you would need to call us to have this offer removed before this offer is added.
    • Existing fibre customers are not eligible for the £10 per month Fibre unlimited deal.
    • These offers do not apply to existing Fibre Pro customers.

Re-contracting is immediate with no cooling off period.

• I would ring them and ask them then if they say you don't need to sign up get them to send you confirmation by email.

Even after cancelling 8 months ago i keep getting the usual sh*t from Sly through the post offering me a poxy 25% off. They used to ring me every week until i exploded all over the muppet that rang me telling them where they could stick their TV offer. I wouldn't mind so much but Sly just keep showing the same sh*t over and over again and theres no way i'm paying even the £21 a month for their basic package :smokelots:

I'm more than happy with my Focussat card, its a lot cheaper and has all the channels i like to watch. It has all the usual Discovery, Nat Geo History channels, excellent HBO and Cinemax film channels. It also has 2 mucky channels as well which are listed as Sports channels :wank:

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!