EROM UPGRADE TOOL....not working for ASH problem...

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 13,945 times. The last Post () by codar.

• HI Guys
    i have bricked or should i say a fellow that was trying to install a patch on it bricked it but thats a touchy subject as i have to try and fix it , anyway i have a 250 Ariva and downloaded the latest firmware from the Ferguson website V1.26B3 and the EROM UPGRADE TOOL 2.0.1 2009-12-09 .
    I also got a Null Modem Cable RS232 . went through the procedure as explained here in another post .http://linuxsat-support.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21992&d=1392222869 .
    set my port : to COM 1 , BIT RATE : 115200 , PARITY : EVEN , OPERATE MODE : UPGRADE and i ticked INCLUDE BOOTLOADER....I then browsed for the ferguson firmware file V1.26B3 abs file which was approx 8mb in size and then hit next ( bye the way my stb was switched off at this stage while entering the information into the erom tool ) after hitting next i turned on the box and got a message " synchronising STBs Done
    please reset target
    set stb memory error
    click Back to try again

when i click back and then next without changing any of the settings and leaving the box on i get a message
    synchronising STBs
    please reset target

the box stays on this setting with nothing happening
    if i hit the cancel button at the bottom of the screen it says

Downloading....are you sure you want to cancel

but still nothing happens , nothing downloads , even if i left it there till christmas...

i read on another post to switch the box off and on again to start the flash process but i end up back at the message

synchronising STBs Done
    please reset target
    set stb memory error
    click Back to try again

i am going around in circles and getting dizzy but achieving nothing so any advice would be appreciated
    .....i know the description of what is happening is long winded but i imagine it might also be of help to others who are trying to sort the " ASH "problem out on their respective boxes....so any ideas what i am doing wrong ?...thanks in advance..

• Hello,
    That happened to me once before, as far as i can remember, but i just flashed an earlier original firmware version and upgraded it then.
    I also had to turn off and on the stb after it sync'd, to start the flashing process, .
    That was on a 150 though.
    When you see " synchronising STBs Done
    please reset target", just turn off and on ariva.
    It then should start flashing.

iBffBYU.png

Edited once, last by codar ().

• ok codar ,
    i will give that a go on monday as i have to use an old desktop computer at work as my laptop dosent have a RS232 connection . i will try an older firmware and turn on and off the stb like you said see if that does the trick ..apparently if i had another 250 combo i could connect the two of them together with the null modem cable and get the bricked box working off the good box by turning on the bricked box and the firmware gets sent from the good box to the bricked one and gets it working again , i dont know if this works or not i remember reading it here on this site somewhere but it might help someone else out if they run into the " ASH " problem and have two Ariva boxes the same model but unfortunately i dont have another 250 box and i dont think it would be wise to do it with a 120 box as i have threee of those as i might end up doing more harm than good, anyway thanks for the advice ...i will let you know how i get on as it might also be a help to others reading this thread if it works

• i just had a mad idea let me know what yee think....what would happen if i did join a 250 box to a 120 box and sent the 120 boxes firmware down the rs232 cable to the 250 box so would it work and would i just end up with a 120 box in the body of a 250 box if that makes any sense or would i end up damaging both boxes , what do yee think of that concept or am i crazy for thinking along those lines...

• Hi, firmware, like channel lists are not compatable across models, I may be wrong and am open to correction.
    From my experience, A120 don't work on 150 and a 150 don't work on a 250.
    Thats as far as i have taken it as that's all i have access to.
    Better off to put the confirmed f/ware on the compatable boxes.
    P.s. are you running in a laptop/pc with true rs233 or a usb to rs232 adaptor as some of these are a bit "sh1te" when transferring f/ware.

• Hi, firmware, like channel lists are not compatable across models, I may be wrong and am open to correction.
    From my experience, A120 don't work on 150 and a 150 don't work on a 250.
    Thats as far as i have taken it as that's all i have access to.
    Better off to put the confirmed f/ware on the compatable boxes.
    P.s. are you running in a laptop/pc with true rs233 or a usb to rs232 adaptor as some of these are a bit "sh1te" when transferring f/ware.

its a rs232 cable with the female connection at either end and i have to connect one end to an old desktop at work and the other end to the back of the 250 . i remember reading somewhere alright that the usb to rs232 cables dont work so i got the proper one with the female connections off ebay for a few euro .
    i got the latest firmware from the ferguson website and as i was saying i couldnt get it to work but i will try an older firmware like you said and see how that goes ...if you could send on a link where i could download older firmware it would be very handy as i dont know if i kept a copy of the older firmware, i would have to have a root around my files to see if i can find one.....thanks again

• Hi,
    I used this version when I had problems.
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=63152&p=212536#post212536
    Hope it helps.
    Regards

I downloaded the firmware from your link above and unpacked it with winrar so i got 6 abs files for different models so i entered the last one i.e A250 20121105 v1.20B6 into the EROM tool as well as , com1 , 115200 ,even , upgade and ticked include bootloader . the box was switched off at this stage...
    i then pressed next and even before i switched on the box i was getting the message synchronizing stbs please reset target ....i then turned on the box and " Done " popped up beside the synchronising stbs , at this point i turned the box off and on again to try and start the flash process but after a few seconds got the message " set stb memory error
    click back to try again " so i am still stuck....i even changed the port connection to com2 to see if it made any difference but got a message saying serial port failed so at least i know i have a connection between the desktop and 250 box by leaving the setting on com1.
    why does" reset target" pop up under sychronising stbs even before i turn the power to the box on , would this refer to the file i have entered into the " operate mode " section and if this is so i have tried two or three different original ferguson files including the one you gave me the link for ( ta very much for that ) and none of them seem to work for some reason...they are all abs files unpacked by winrar after downloading and approx 8 mb in size so i dont think anything is wrong with them so i am totally confused at this stage what i am doing wrong so any suggestions would be appreciated..thanks again for the link to the original ferguson firmware...

• Will have a look tomorro morning, passing your door.

To whom it concerns and to the people this post may help out , codar popped in to have a look at why the EROM TOOL wasnt working and within seconds had noticed that i had downloaded an EROM tool that was compatible with an Ariva 102e and not the Ariva 250 combo....everything worked perfect after that and we were able to give the box the kiss of life and its up and running again ,
    the EROM TOOL i downloaded was STB EROM 2.0.1 2009-12-09 which as i say was for the 102e box but the one i should have used was STB EROM 2.0.0c 2009-05-22 which worked on the 250 box . i dont actually know if every box has its own EROM TOOL to recover the box in the event of ASH , maybe CODAR might know if this is the case or not but in my case i needed the one above for the 250 box and i would never have spotted i had the wrong version for my box only for CODAR eagle eyes and expert knowledge...so the moral of the story is make sure you have the right version of EROM UPGRADE TOOL for your box. DOUBLE CHECK on the Ferguson website before downloading ...hope this post helps other people out . so keep reading and learning....Many thanks again to CODAR for your help...TOP MAN..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!