Vu Solo 2 Freezing

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,949 times. The last Post () by Butters.

• Hi all, I just got a new Solo 2, I'm quite experienced with various e2 boxes but I'm having an issue with flashing images on this box. No matter what image I flash, backups or raw Blackhole, Vix etc once I scan in a channel and view it, the spinner appears on the top left and wont go away, the channel continues to play but the box is locked up and you can't do anything.

However if I reboot the box without the satellite cable connected it will turn on and stay on while I browse around the menus, but as soon as I plug the sat cable in, the channel appears and after about 7 seconds the spinner appears and locks up.

The only image this doesn't happen on is the genuine Solo 2 one. Every other image seems to have it though and I really want to put Black Hole or PLI on it.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

• I take it's a genuine solo2 bud??? If you are able to flash the original image then do that and inintialize the hdd through the image if you have one installed. When you go to flash on a clean copy of BH or ViX for example make sure that no other usb drives etc are attached to the box.

Go from there... also what way is the tuner configuration setup?

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• I take it's a genuine solo2 bud??? If you are able to flash the original image then do that and inintialize the hdd through the image if you have one installed. When you go to flash on a clean copy of BH or ViX for example make sure that no other usb drives etc are attached to the box.

Go from there... also what way is the tuner configuration setup?

Thanks I'll give that a try, yeh it's a genuine box. Tuner was just set up to Simple and Astra 28. I'll initialize the HDD and report back!

• No joy :(

Flashed genuine Vu Solo 2 Firmware, initialized HDD through the menu, then I flashed PLI with no other USB's connected, image flashed fine. Scanned in BBC 1, went to BBC 1 and after about 5 seconds the spinner is up on the screen, channel is playing away no problem but the box is locked up.

This has has me baffled!

• before sending it back i would check it on a different tv first, ive had problems with some images on my tv with problems like your getting
    it has something to do with the hdmi setting on the image im not sure what though
    mckees latest blackhole backup works without a problem though.

110cm Triax Dish multi arm 13,16,19, 23, 28 east fixed 90cm thor

• Don't know what happened but I eventually got an image working! An Open PLI 4.0 backup from here is running perfectly for the last few hours. Really baffled as to what was happening earlier but I have an image working now!

Thanks for all the input! :)

• great news bud!!
    something obviously was amiss in the installation of the other images..
    Enjoy !!

Cheers mate! All the images I was trying were pretty much the latest builds, all from the last month or so. The one that I got working was a PLI build from December last year, possibly some difference in drivers or something?

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!