How to save tuner settings/configs when changing images

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,226 times. The last Post () by ampedef.

• Hi guys and gals,

I know I have read this somewhere, and I have been searching for about 41/2 hours for the answer. How can I save my tuner and satellite positions. Every time I have updated or changed the image on my VU+ Solo2, I have to re-configure the tuners and satellite positions. Is there an easy way to 'Save or Backup the tuner settings?

Any all suggestions appreciated

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• yip ...make a PERSONAL backup which will backup all your personal configs then
    when you go to restore it on image it will give you options as to what you want to restore..
    At least in BH images,,,

• Thanks cazuela, I have backed the image, 'Apollo' and a full backup. Do you mean Vix, Backup, New Backup, Menu and then choose which files to backup separately? Unsure where tuner configs are, ***/ ***/ ?? I don't want to backup/save the wrong files.

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• With ViX, press the blue button, then choose ViX... then Backup manager.... then will do a complete backup of all your settings etc... when you flash a new version of the VIX image it will ask if you want to restore this settings backup when you restart the box.

But good practice would be to choose "image manager" first and make a full image backup before you do anything, that way you can always revert back to where you started.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Thanks mckee25, I have done that, Image backup and a full backup.
    One last thing. If I change to another Image, from Vix to OpenATV or Blackhole will the tuner configs be the same? I remember changing from an old Vix Image 3.0.808 to Helios that I could not use the backup because of Image change. I think?

• Thanks mckee25, I have done that, Image backup and a full backup.
    One last thing. If I change to another Image, from Vix to OpenATV or Blackhole will the tuner configs be the same? I remember changing from an old Vix Image 3.0.808 to Helios that I could not use the backup because of Image change. I think?

NO bud ,,,, vix and BH are quite different,,, dont even try it.....
    look in etc/enigma2 for your settings ( I am going by BH image)

• A ViX backup will only be compatible with ViX buddy... and yes your correct. Your backup from ViX 3.0 was not compatible with the new Helios at the time. If you change image completely then you will be setting up from scratch basically....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Thank you cazuela. That's another hard copy for my 'Sat Stuff' file. I will have a look, via Dcc and save/backup tuner config.

Thanks again, I thought I had seen that written somewhere on this forum.

• Many thanks mckee25. Now my tuner/tuners are setup, and VBox positions written down and saved in my SS file, it will be no problem to setup on a new image.

Thanks to this Forum, I have once again learnt something about this great hobby. One other question, I have heard/read that Vix will at sometime not be supported for much longer? Or is that just scaremongering.

Thank you all again.

Edited once, last by ampedef ().

• It's only the older versions of ViX that are no longer supported (3.0/zeus/helios) the current Apollo will be updated & supported while it is in use....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

fI7WHhv.png

• Hello again. Forgot to mention, tuners configs were OK, only had to set positioner locks. Unfortunately CrossEPG not downloading properly. Splash screen shows 'Downloading' no radio channel, and not much downloaded or updated. I have made sure of installing latest Catseye. I will have a search around this forum and see if I can find a solution.

• To answer the original question.

just navigate to /etc/enigma2 and send over the settings file to your pc,

after installing a new image open the settings file from the new image and then copy and paste all of the NIMS from the first file you saved into the new file,then send this back and after a reboot,all of your configs will be there.

Ian.

• Thanks ian1095, Extra help appreciated. Another piece of info for my Sat Stuff file. Do you know I cannot get over the fact that this forum is the Mutts N***. Thanks again guys.

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!