what else other than sly ?

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,580 times. The last Post () by united19.

• i have a sly dish on the house and was just curious as to if i could add another LNB and receive from another provider aswel so i could have boh if so what are my choices ?

box im using is a vu+solo with vix image.

Regards.

• I`d say you would need at least a 80cm dish m8
    i have one setup receiving 13e, 19.2e & 23.5e throu a 4-way Diseqc switch linked with a 28.2e sly minidish giving 4-satellites.

Inspiral

If my post helps hit the Thanks ;-)

i could go as big as a 90cm but would only be able to have one dish on the gaf unfortunately

If you will get away with any 90cm dish, Get a WaveFrontier T90..
    I have 39°E, 28.2°E, 23.5°E, 19.2°E, 16°E, 13°E, 9°E, 7°E, 0.8°W, 5°W..
    It takes a bit of setting up but its the best solution you will get with static 90cm dish..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• cheers mate for the suggestion im looking into this and going to get some quotes and get someone to do install it for me. i assume i would need to upgrade my box to for all these to work or have multiple boxes ?

• cheers for explaining mate but not a hope my misses would let me put up a second dish i could go as big as a 90cm but would only be able to have one dish on the gaf unfortunately. :(

if you can go 1 dish @ 90cm mate, I`d stick it up on a motor fella :32_002:

& your Vu-Solo will do the job ideal m8

• yes m8 2 dishes
    so your 28.2e mini-dish connects via Diseqc switch to the 80cm.

likes this pic iv added m8

what a top job - i am well jell lol

i am thinking of doing something like this.

from reading your pic & your post, is this picture of your dish pointing at 28.2east and then the other lnb's are at 13east, 19east?

basically i have the same dish and its pointing at 28.2east, if i fit that lnb holder on the end, can i get 13east and 19east? if this is possible, i would also need to juggle the octo lnb currently pointing at 28east as the octo lnb's could be too fat

any tips would be appreciated… again top job!

• The dish in the pic is connected to 13e, 19.2e & 23.5e with 19.2e the centre LNB.

Depending on your location you may? Be able to add 13e & 19.2e to your dish? But it would need to be at least 60cm+ Dish I'd say to hold a signal in bad weather conditions m8

Inspiral

• cheers for the reply

i am south west area, but i have put the older sly dishes up, which i think is the 60cm, its definatley not the 40cm dish.

when the wife goes out shopping again, that will give me enough time to have a play lol

i have already got that lnb holder, a spare inverto ultra black lnb & a diseqc switch, just need the balls to potentially break what is already perfect lol

i have always wanted to know if i could do it - and seeing your pic has given me confidence to give it a go, thanks Inspiral, i will report back in a couple of weeks, as thats the next free time i will be able to give it a go

• Official Post

Just to add, I have a similar setup to Inspiral, i have a 1m dish with 13e 19.2e and 23.5e with the main focus on 19.2e (the strongest of the sats) - next to the 1m a zone 2 sly dish, then all 4 feeds into a diseqc switch and into the receiver

A picture below

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!