WMA files on VIX

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,352 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• From what I have read the only thinkg i can find is :

dreambox-dvb-modules: update dm8000 hardware drivers - added read ddp passthrough - added WMA and WMV support

maybe somebody who uses vix can confirm/deny this...

• its tricky to find any answers, best i seen was vix wont support it because its microsoft and they dont want to into trouble with them. i know BH supports it but i dont want to change image just for one thing plus i cant be @rsed converting all my WMA to MP3 lol

• vix wont support it because its microsoft and they dont want to into trouble with them. i know BH supports it but i dont want to change image just for one thing plus i cant be @rsed converting all my WMA to MP3 lol

Dont know where you got that bit of info from but we have no such stance against WMA support. support first has to be provided by the manufacturer in their drivers, also worth pointing out is the fact that BH is based directly on the Vu+ OE and as such they have access to things we would not as our image is not based on Vu's.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• WMA and WMV work perfectly on OpenPli 4.0 and ViX is based on the Pli image(or at least it used to be) but you do have to patch Pli it to get it to work.Its possible that ViX doesnt have this patch as standard and you may need to apply it yourself.

ive tested this though and it does work perfectly,but the downside is the size of the patch,this patch alone takes up nearly 10% of the flash space,so for now ive removed it,and this is possibly the reason its not been added to the standard ViX image.Space is always a preminum and certain things have to be left out to save on it,its a trade off im afraid.

Ian.

Edited 2 times, last by ian1095 ().

• Yes I did see and I again asked subix on ***pe if he would mind.
    I'm afraid the answer is still no,for reasons best known to himself,he still doesnt want others maintaining or updating his plugin.

Ian.

• ive tested this though and it does work perfectly,but the downside is the size of the patch,this patch alone takes up nearly 10% of the flash space,so for now ive removed it,and this is possibly the reason its not been added to the standard ViX image.Space is always a preminum and certain things have to be left out to save on it,its a trade off im afraid.

Ian.

yes that does ring a bell, we did look into it but decided against using it by default due to its size.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!