Streaming other than current channel?

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 779 times. The last Post () by Doctor0710.

• Hi everyone. I bought an Alien 2 triple tuner and was wondering, how can I stream something to my computer without switching channels on the TV? I think that was an obvious feature of the receiver, but I can't find it anywhere.

So what I'm trying to achieve is this: Alien 2 is connected via HDMI to a large screen HDTV. In another room I want to watch something else by streaming with VLC player. I thought it was obvious that I could use the second (or third) tuner for streaming while watching something else from the first tuner.

Is this possible with Spark? If not, is it possible with E2?

• In Webif there is a check box that says zap before stream I think this is checked by default which means change channel before streaming
    you want to uncheck this so that the main telly continues while you watch something else on your laptop

I thought it was same in spark but using hyperion 4 now so cant be sure
    Worth a look though

• Well yes, in Enigma I can stream other than what I am watching on the TV, so that is sorted. I kinda liked Spark, because that allowed me to record directly to NTFS and had USB keyboard support, but I'm very pleased with the functionality and usability of E2, so that stays.

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!