power to motor problem( joining cable)

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,005 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Tonight i connected my motorised dish for the first time,to find that no led`s were lighting up on the motor-no power!I have had to extend the old cable by about 10 meters,i used a atenuator to make the join,when i took my dreambox outside and connected it to the motor via a short length of cable the motor got power,my question is can you join 2 pieces of cable together and still get power to the motor or do i need to replace the whole run with one piece?

• Tonight i connected my motorised dish for the first time,to find that no led`s were lighting up on the motor-no power!I have had to extend the old cable by about 10 meters,i used a atenuator to make the join,when i took my dreambox outside and connected it to the motor via a short length of cable the motor got power,my question is can you join 2 pieces of cable together and still get power to the motor or do i need to replace the whole run with one piece?

There is a loss of power mate using the connector!

Far better off for signal strength and all to use one full run of co-ax to the motor!

• Just what i thought gona be a dam pain in the arse now though to do that as present cables are hidden i wall.....ill put new length in and hopefully itll work shame the mrs will moan like mad when i get big drill out lol,thanks for the info.

• Just what i thought gona be a dam pain in the arse now though to do that as present cables are hidden i wall.....ill put new length in and hopefully itll work shame the mrs will moan like mad when i get big drill out lol,thanks for the info.

With my mrs... ducktape works wonderfull :)

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!