Vix usb update failed help

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,479 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• Total novice here and any help would be appreciated. My vu duo had an out of date image on it . V3.b:808. I downloaded the latest image and followed the instruction for the update but when I rebooted my system when prompted it just stuck on the word starting on the display and nothing happened. I tried several images and still the same. Luckily I had my original image on my pc which worked but this is an older image v 3.0 build 558. When I try to update via the system I get the error message .....down for maintenance ( due to out of date build) please can any body help me update my box. Many thanks

• ViX 3.0 is no longer supported buddy, so this is why you can no longer update it through the image....

Where you trying to update your box to ViX Apollo 012 ??? I have attached a program for you to format the usb stick you are using... use it to format the stick to fat32 then copy over the new image file to be flashed to it. If you can try another make of usb stick as Vu boxes can be quite picky at times...

• Yeah I was trying to update to Vix Apollo 012 also tried vix Apollo 3,7 and 8! Would I still Ned to re format my memory stick even though it allowed me to flash back to my old image? Also , as I said total newbie..... Format tool you gave me , do I just run that and the rest is self explanatory ?

• You should re-format the usb stick before every reflash bud... yep just run the tool, you may have to right click on it and runs it as administrator for it to start....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• I will give it a whirl tomorrow mate , and I might be back for some more help . Thanks for your time . I'll let you know how I go on . Cheers

• The box is a vu duo clone, and a friend bought it from a site where he got his. He set everything up for me originally , but he's out of the country at the moment , hence being on here trying to resolve my update issue

• The box is a vu duo clone, and a friend bought it from a site where he got his. He set everything up for me originally , but he's out of the country at the moment , hence being on here trying to resolve my update issue

well thats why its not working then as we dont write images for clones, nor does this forum offer support for Vu+ clones.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!