Changed broadband supplier, lost channels

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 987 times. The last Post () by thatfellow.

• Went from virgin to sly for my broadband cause got a good deal on price

Now only got fta channels

Connected via cable to router and light is flashing as normal

Did network test and everything comes back ok

So why am i not getting the rest of my channels?

• We need to know more about your setup to help you bud....

How do you normally access the other channels? is it through a share or are you running a server etc? what cam are you using on the duo?

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• its on vix through cs cline, tried a vu dongle too which detected but couldnt pick up a signal even though it did on my laptop

have plugged the cable from router to box and use dhcp, not sure if i need to do anything else for it to find the new ipaddress?

• Not for a wired connection between your box and router bud..... if your using the vu dongle to connect to the router then that encryption will work no probs if you input the correct password into the wireless network settings in the image.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Not for a wired connection between your box and router bud..... if your using the vu dongle to connect to the router then that encryption will work no probs if you input the correct password into the wireless network settings in the image.

i will try this, how do i put password in image settings

when i connect via dcc it says i have connected via dcc but when i go to ftp there is nothing showing where the box folders should be

• aggghh ffs it is working but i was try to access the HD channels which I have been told are down? has anyone got a fix for this yet? can access some hd now but sly1 hd and sly sports hd do not work

also dcc is still not letting me access root

• If you are using DCC then look in hte DCC folder and you will see a DCC.ini file ,,right click to edit and you sill see whatever was the last pass on it

ftp and telenet both login, telenet then disconnects ftp stays

still not folders in ftp

• So let me get this straight your defrauding 5ky using their own broadband :10lol:

Most HD Channels have been down for a few days now. There is no fix for now other than getting a full sub from 5ky and using the card in their receiver.

Nano

So let me get this straight your defrauding 5ky using their own broadband

Agree 100% with nano..

All E1,E2 and other STBs have a well known range of MAC address's assigned to them.
    All provider can easily see the MAC address's of all devices connected directly to their router so I am not so sure about the "good deal on price" when you switched to Sly BB to CS..
    I know I would not share Slys card on their network, especially knowing that they have no problem crossing the line when it comes to snooping/hacking..
    That being said, a lot of people seem to be doing it and I have not heard of anybody being challenged about it.
    That does not mean they are clueless, for all we know they are gathering information of all other connected servers / clients.
    I think for security & fairness that all members looking for shares on linuxsat state clearly if they are with sly Broadband or not so as to give their peers the option to choose..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Edited 3 times, last by thatfellow ().

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!